News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Mobile ad engagement tops 10%
Mobile may hold more for brands and advertisers than swanky, trendy digs. According to a new report from mobile platform Celtra engagement rates for rich media mobile ads is just over 12%, and while some categories are outperforming others, it is interesting to note that across categories mobile consumers are showing interest in relevant ads.
According to the Celtra Mobile Rich Media Monitor Report:
• Mobile, Rich Media ads show 12.8% engagement
• 16.6% of mobile users respond to a gaming element in ads
• 8.7% of mobile users share branded content through Facebook
• 12.6% share branded content via Twitter
"Creativity has always been at the heart of great advertising - and designing the right experience with the right message for the right audience is a key to success," said Matevz Klanjsek, co-founder and chief product officer at Celtra. "Rich media mobile advertising is changing the way brands communicate with consumers by engaging them with meaningful, useful and often intimate experiences instead of simply bombarding them with commercial messages. From the start, Celtra's AdCreator platform has made it easy for marketers to push the creative boundaries and craft beautiful and effective experiences while seamlessly reaching targeted audiences."
From an advertiser perspective about two-thirds of ads are expandable, animated banners; 21% are interstitials and 12% are animated banners. Ads in the entertainment and gaming categories showed the highest engagement rates.
According to comScore more than 230 million American consumers are now mobile with 114 having smartphones (July 2012).
The large number of consumers using mobile devices - whether feature phone, smartphone, tablet or other device - and the percentages for engagement among mobile ads is a sign that brands need to be in the mobile space. But, more than just having a mobile website or campaign with strong online influences, brands need to create an engaging mobile experience. It's interesting to note that consumers are sharing branded mobile content across their social networks - having clickable, relevant content will likely encourage that sharing.
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
- Long? Short? Which headline length generates the most click-throughs?
- comScore: U.S. smartphone ownership reaches all-time high
- UK retail websites struggled to cope with Cyber Monday traffic peaks
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
Featured White Papers
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...