News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Mobile ad engagement tops 10%
Mobile may hold more for brands and advertisers than swanky, trendy digs. According to a new report from mobile platform Celtra engagement rates for rich media mobile ads is just over 12%, and while some categories are outperforming others, it is interesting to note that across categories mobile consumers are showing interest in relevant ads.
According to the Celtra Mobile Rich Media Monitor Report:
• Mobile, Rich Media ads show 12.8% engagement
• 16.6% of mobile users respond to a gaming element in ads
• 8.7% of mobile users share branded content through Facebook
• 12.6% share branded content via Twitter
"Creativity has always been at the heart of great advertising - and designing the right experience with the right message for the right audience is a key to success," said Matevz Klanjsek, co-founder and chief product officer at Celtra. "Rich media mobile advertising is changing the way brands communicate with consumers by engaging them with meaningful, useful and often intimate experiences instead of simply bombarding them with commercial messages. From the start, Celtra's AdCreator platform has made it easy for marketers to push the creative boundaries and craft beautiful and effective experiences while seamlessly reaching targeted audiences."
From an advertiser perspective about two-thirds of ads are expandable, animated banners; 21% are interstitials and 12% are animated banners. Ads in the entertainment and gaming categories showed the highest engagement rates.
According to comScore more than 230 million American consumers are now mobile with 114 having smartphones (July 2012).
The large number of consumers using mobile devices - whether feature phone, smartphone, tablet or other device - and the percentages for engagement among mobile ads is a sign that brands need to be in the mobile space. But, more than just having a mobile website or campaign with strong online influences, brands need to create an engaging mobile experience. It's interesting to note that consumers are sharing branded mobile content across their social networks - having clickable, relevant content will likely encourage that sharing.
- European silver surfers' media consumption moving online
- Social sharing call-to-action in digital ads drives consumer interaction
- Google Play in-app sales rise 700% YoY
- comScore: Desktop spending up 13% YoY
- Report: More money to focus on branded content
- Ads on YouTube grow but TV ads considered more effective
- Online preferred shopping environment of affluent consumers
- Top 3 tips to improve webrooming abilities
Featured White Papers
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...