News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
QuBit praises Google's Tag Management release
This week Google announced the release of its Tag Management system, a platform to help online businesses better manage tags on their websites, thereby helping with site load times. Longer website load times are shown to decrease customer engagement, making them click away or look elsewhere for a product.
QuBit notes that only about 5% of the top 10,000 websites are currently managing tags even though many brands have seen reduced costs once tags have been implemented.
Existing tag management platform QuBit believes Google's entry into tag management is a sign that tag management is about to explode through the online space. They recently signed 50 brands, including major businesses like Hearst Publishing, Cath Kidston and Pandora jewelry to their OpenTag platform.
Neil Cunningham, Head of Digital at Cream, said: "OpenTag has enabled us to work more efficiently with Pandora as we approach their peak trading season. The flexibility of the system has meant that we can easily support Pandora with all their tagging requirements and it reduces time to deploy new technologies dramatically. QuBit provides us with a cost effective and intelligent solution that supports our ongoing tracking, testing and optimisation."
Graham Cooke, CEO of QuBit, said: "OpenTag is rapidly becoming the technology of choice for site owners looking to join the tag management revolution. From smaller sites looking for a free solution through to enterprises who want a more substantial, hosted product, OpenTag has a model that works for everyone. When you combine that with its cutting edge functionality through things like its Universal Tag capabilities, and its plug in tools such as affiliate de-duplication and privacy management, then it's clear that OpenTag is leading the enterprise market."
OpenTag manages tags for more than 500 million monthly pageviews and over $1 billion in ecommerce transactions.
- Yahoo introduces one-stop business listing dashboard for SMBs
- Nielsen reveals habits of second-screeners
- Why your coupons need mobile
- Jivox, vSplash push interactivity with platforms
- Amazon facilitates social gifting on Facebook
- Younger B2B buyers' online purchase behavior ignored by suppliers
- Portrait of an affluent consumer
- U.S.: 41 billion online videos watched in May
Featured White Papers
- Transforming Brands into Media Outlets
Storytelling has been around forever, but businesses today need to capitalize on a variety of new tools to tell their...
- 8 Key Plays For Sales Success
Pull ahead of your competition by learning best practices for incorporating these new technologies into your daily sales & marketing...
- How to Drive More Traffic Without Increasing Budget
Counterfeiters are adept at mimicking top brands' digital marketing strategies by building pay per click (PPC) campaigns that exploit both...
- Explain What You Do: How a simple explainer video increased online conversion by 20%
In this case study we examine the explainer video for Inbenta, a natural language processing service operating in a highly...
- 7 Reasons To Consider Responsive Design For Your Companys Next Generation Website
In this white paper, learn the 7 reasons to consider responsive design for your company's next generation website. With the...
- Forrester Report: Digital Customer Experience Trends to Watch 2013
Digital touchpoints support an increasingly large percentage of the overall customer experience. 2012 saw the emergence of several important digital...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...