News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Platform tracks competitors
A new arrival from WhatRunsWhere should give online brands a good idea of what - and where - their competitors are advertising. The platform launched last year and gives brand the ability to track competitor's online and mobile ads. The new addition also tracks ads across the Google Display Network.
Called WhatRunWhere Advantage, the service adds search tracking to the already available features, giving clients better insight into where competitor stores are advertising and how they might better compete across the online, mobile and search forums.
"With WhatRunsWhere Advantage, anyone involved in online marketing can now - at the lowest cost ever -- easily see which of their competitors are running display ads via the Google network, and pinpoint exactly which individual ads are running in a large variety of countries across the globe," said Mike Cojanu, chief executive officer of WhatRunsWhere. "By dissecting their competitors use of Google display advertising both locally and at the previously hidden international level, WhatRunsWhere Advantage users can reduce risk and gain higher ROI for their own campaigns. . .Many of our smaller customers place ads only on the Google Display Network, so they didn't need the more robust capabilities of the complete WhatRunsWhere solution, which includes competitive intelligence of banner and text ad campaigns across the entire web and mobile universe."
A recent eMarketer report indicates Google could shoot ahead of Facebook as the display ad leader soon, making it more important for brands to see what is going on within the platform.
- FTC's new 'merchandise rule' to come into effect before Christmas
- Brands: Why content needs better optimization
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and acquisitions to improve platforms
- Consumers prefer SMS to apps for brand communications
- Physical stores still popular with young fashion shoppers
- Britain has more female gamers than male
- Permission-based email marketers still finding inbox placement hard work
- Study: Mobile driving travel plans
Featured White Papers
- 6 Ways to Boost Holiday Sales & Fuel Year-round Growth
Just as the shopping seasons guide demand in many categories, they shape the conversation around these categories as well. How...
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...