News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Placecast release links cards, alerts
Mobile marketers are getting another link to their customers. Placecast has released the patented Card-Linked ShopAlerts, a platform set up to send alerts to mobile devices when shoppers reach a geo-fenced area. Sound familiar? Here's the difference: the brand or store only pays for the sent alert when a customer makes a purchase at the store.
ShopAlerts is an opt-in service, so messages sent have increased relevancy. With the new release, these messages are also tied to a shoppers credit or debit card. Along with the pay for performance model, the new platform allows merchants to link offers to opt-in subscribers, to incentivize a visit to the store.
"For example, a Card-Linked ShopAlerts offer might read "Get a $20 statement credit when you use your card and spend $100 or more at Big Box Retail, 1234 Main Street," writes the company.
"We're excited to be providing a mobile service that drives foot traffic into stores for retailers on a performance basis," says Placecast CEO Alistair Goodman. "Retailers will not only succeed in acquiring and retaining in-store customers, but will also see increased shopping frequency and basket size. This is one of very few ways that allow bricks and mortar retailers to measure the ROI of their mobile program in real-time."
The platform was released in beta in the spring of 2012; to date the top performing categories are restaurants, but with the holiday season coming up there is potential for other categories to catch up. Brands including AT&T, Pizza Hut and Kmart have signed on with the platform.
- Ads on YouTube grow but TV ads considered more effective
- Online preferred shopping environment of affluent consumers
- Top 3 tips to improve webrooming abilities
- BlueKai rolls out 3rd party data options
- Reports: Social, Cloud offering assist to small businesses
- App Store hits 50 billion milestone, Google Play not far behind
- IBM: Mother's Day shopping goes mobile
- Service industry occupations not safe from technology
Featured White Papers
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...