News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Payvment: Social commerce may boost holiday sales
This holiday season some merchants are looking to social media - specifically Facebook - to boost revenue lines. And according to new data from Payvment that may happen. Nearly half of sellers using Facebook for their merchandise believe sales will increase over 2011 and 20% say they're more confident in Facebook now than they were last year.
What seems to be working best for sellers in the social space is the ease in building a marketing list - many F-Commerce users say having shoppers 'like' a page helps with engagement - plus its simple to 'find' these customers later when sales or special deals come about.
Of those planning to use F-Commerce as a selling tool, many are turning to traditional online offers to boost sales. One-third say they'll offer free shipping while just over 20% plan to use 10% price discounts and 18% say they'll offer savings up to 20% through the social network.
"With hundreds of thousands of small businesses now selling products on Facebook and many planning significant promotions and discounts for the holidays, Cyber Monday could very well become 'Facebook Monday' this year," said Jim Stoneham, CEO of Payvment. "The data also shows that Facebook sellers are continuing to invest in promoting their storefronts via Facebook Ads, as well as offering deals and promotions and aggressively marketing their stores via other social channels such as Twitter and Pinterest."
How has Facebook worked, to date, for these merchants? More than half (65%) say Facebook has improved fan/customer acquisitions and 61% say it's simpler to begin or end a campaign within the social platform.
Outside of Facebook, 35% say they'll use Twitter to push online shoppers into their stores and about one-third say they'll use Pinterest to help boost traffic and sales.
- The most shared video clips depend on region
- Top tax tips that will protect your information
- Report: Millennials spending more time with UGC
- New AdWords format includes detailed consumer opinion data
- Quarter of UK's top finance brands have no mobile website, apps
- Report reveals men's emerging role in household supermarket shopping chore
- How data will impact businesses in 2014
- Report: Social pushing coupon search, use
Featured White Papers
- Choosing the Best Web CMS for Customer Experience Management
In this paper, learn how to choose the right CMS for you and your business from the eyes of a...
- Mobile Marketing: The Time is Now
Consumers are now more comfortable using retailers' mobile applications that can help them find specific products and brands, or just...
- The Definitive Guide to Marketing Automation
Why is marketing automation so hot right now? This guide will show you what marketing automation is and how it...
- The Inbound Website: Getting Found with SEO & Social
Extend your inbound marketing strategy to your entire website with actionable tips and best practices that help you increase visitors,...
- 17 Ways to Build a Great Brand Today
This white paper highlights 17 developments that are influencing brand-building today and what great brands are doing about them....
- How to Stop Webpage Speed from Killing Your Marketing
Your website visitors have high expectations about how quickly your web site should load on their desktop and mobile devices....