News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
More research reveals higher engagement levels of tablet users
Recent studies have shown that tablet users are a more engaged and valuable segment of consumers compared to those using personal computers. New research from IgnitionOne provides more evidence of the levels of engagement.
Recent research from Pew found that 22% of US adults now own a tablet.
IgnitionOne's Q3 2012 Online Advertising Report reveals that tablet users not only spend more time on a website and view more pages, they also have a higher engagement score.
Tablet users were found to spend 30% more time on a website and have 20% higher engagement rates than PC users.
The engagement rate was found to be even higher when it comes to retail websites, particularly fashion.
"The value of tablet users as an audience is apparent and will continue to drive the growth of online advertising," said Roger Barnette, President of IgnitionOne. "As marketers become more sophisticated in reaching and optimizing for this audience, we expect to see even further gains in engagement and returns."
IgnitionOne's study also revealed the slowing growth pace of mobile search ad spending since the first half of 2012. Just over 16% of search budgets are now spent on mobile, up from 14%, but the year-on-year growth rate has slowed from over 300% to 167%. Furthermore, tablets now account for 52% of the total mobile search ad budget compared to 60% in Q2 2012.
However, 167% is still a "huge number", says Barnette, adding, "The quarter was pretty lackluster across the board, but we expect the fourth quarter to see big gains in every area - including mobile."
A copy of the report can be downloaded here.
- The most shared video clips depend on region
- Top tax tips that will protect your information
- Report: Millennials spending more time with UGC
- New AdWords format includes detailed consumer opinion data
- Quarter of UK's top finance brands have no mobile website, apps
- Report reveals men's emerging role in household supermarket shopping chore
- How data will impact businesses in 2014
- Report: Social pushing coupon search, use
Featured White Papers
- Choosing the Best Web CMS for Customer Experience Management
In this paper, learn how to choose the right CMS for you and your business from the eyes of a...
- Mobile Marketing: The Time is Now
Consumers are now more comfortable using retailers' mobile applications that can help them find specific products and brands, or just...
- The Definitive Guide to Marketing Automation
Why is marketing automation so hot right now? This guide will show you what marketing automation is and how it...
- The Inbound Website: Getting Found with SEO & Social
Extend your inbound marketing strategy to your entire website with actionable tips and best practices that help you increase visitors,...
- 17 Ways to Build a Great Brand Today
This white paper highlights 17 developments that are influencing brand-building today and what great brands are doing about them....
- How to Stop Webpage Speed from Killing Your Marketing
Your website visitors have high expectations about how quickly your web site should load on their desktop and mobile devices....