News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
More research reveals higher engagement levels of tablet users
Recent studies have shown that tablet users are a more engaged and valuable segment of consumers compared to those using personal computers. New research from IgnitionOne provides more evidence of the levels of engagement.
Recent research from Pew found that 22% of US adults now own a tablet.
IgnitionOne's Q3 2012 Online Advertising Report reveals that tablet users not only spend more time on a website and view more pages, they also have a higher engagement score.
Tablet users were found to spend 30% more time on a website and have 20% higher engagement rates than PC users.
The engagement rate was found to be even higher when it comes to retail websites, particularly fashion.
"The value of tablet users as an audience is apparent and will continue to drive the growth of online advertising," said Roger Barnette, President of IgnitionOne. "As marketers become more sophisticated in reaching and optimizing for this audience, we expect to see even further gains in engagement and returns."
IgnitionOne's study also revealed the slowing growth pace of mobile search ad spending since the first half of 2012. Just over 16% of search budgets are now spent on mobile, up from 14%, but the year-on-year growth rate has slowed from over 300% to 167%. Furthermore, tablets now account for 52% of the total mobile search ad budget compared to 60% in Q2 2012.
However, 167% is still a "huge number", says Barnette, adding, "The quarter was pretty lackluster across the board, but we expect the fourth quarter to see big gains in every area - including mobile."
A copy of the report can be downloaded here.
- 61% of brand content on Snapchat is video
- Survey: Trust influences more consumers to share information
- Expert: Travel next up for programmatic direct
- Expert: How to reduce involuntary churn
- 170% rise in ad requests containing location data
- Brexit, Trump leave marketers skittish about targeting
- Email analysis reveals extent of email attacks on businesses
- Report IDs the next big tech products
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...