News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
More research reveals higher engagement levels of tablet users
Recent studies have shown that tablet users are a more engaged and valuable segment of consumers compared to those using personal computers. New research from IgnitionOne provides more evidence of the levels of engagement.
Recent research from Pew found that 22% of US adults now own a tablet.
IgnitionOne's Q3 2012 Online Advertising Report reveals that tablet users not only spend more time on a website and view more pages, they also have a higher engagement score.
Tablet users were found to spend 30% more time on a website and have 20% higher engagement rates than PC users.
The engagement rate was found to be even higher when it comes to retail websites, particularly fashion.
"The value of tablet users as an audience is apparent and will continue to drive the growth of online advertising," said Roger Barnette, President of IgnitionOne. "As marketers become more sophisticated in reaching and optimizing for this audience, we expect to see even further gains in engagement and returns."
IgnitionOne's study also revealed the slowing growth pace of mobile search ad spending since the first half of 2012. Just over 16% of search budgets are now spent on mobile, up from 14%, but the year-on-year growth rate has slowed from over 300% to 167%. Furthermore, tablets now account for 52% of the total mobile search ad budget compared to 60% in Q2 2012.
However, 167% is still a "huge number", says Barnette, adding, "The quarter was pretty lackluster across the board, but we expect the fourth quarter to see big gains in every area - including mobile."
A copy of the report can be downloaded here.
- Release makes push notifications actionable
- Early results show skipping ads improves engagement
- Top 3 tips to better personalize online campaigns
- Pinterest gives businesses a deeper peek into their Pinners
- Parents give retailers advice on making back-to-school shopping more bearable
- Study reveals impact of mobile use on Japanese students' grades
- Poll: SMB owners voting out incumbents
- How to improve worker productivity
Featured White Papers
- How to Maximize, Manage, and Measure Organic Search
Organic search delivers high-quality traffic and revenue with a high contribution margin. But organic search is hard, and it's getting...
- Ready, Set, Send: Marketing Automation and the Customer Lifecycle
Much like running a marathon, building a successful marketing program takes dedication, patience, training and a lot of stamina. These...