News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Microsoft: Adchemy integration increases relevance for Bing searchers
One year after Microsoft tapped Adchemy for their Bing search engine, the software giant reports search users are seeing more relevant query results, which is helping advertisers increase engagement. Through the partnership Adchemy and Microsoft create IntentMaps, focusing on the intent of the search rather than simple keyword based results.
"Advertisers managing campaigns on Bing Ads know their ads are reaching an audience that is significant, unique, distinct and highly valuable. Understanding intent is a critical factor in improving the online experience, and our relationship with Adchemy helps advertisers recognize the intent behind a user query to deliver a more compelling experience," said David Pann, general manager, Search Network, Microsoft. "We look forward to working with Adchemy to bring the power of IntentMaps to even more Bing Ads advertisers."
Search marketers are getting a leg-up from the integration between Adchemy and Microsoft on the Yahoo/Bing Network according to the companies. One year after their partnership began the two have created more than 100 'intent maps' which help deliver more relevant ads to searchers and increases search ROI for advertisers. The results base search results on the intent of the query rather than simple keywords.
"We have a very ambitious vision of transforming this space to helpsolve the problems of search and digital advertising by using intent," said Murthy Nukala, founder and CEO, Adchemy. "Reaching the 100 IntentMap milestone validates both the enormous opportunity for search advertisers that still exists and the value that focusing on User Intent can bring to consumers and advertisers alike."
IntentMaps generates highly relevant ad copy; that copy is display through themed groups that increase the relevancy to the consumer. According to Adchemy campaigns have seen a 436% in traffic-generating keywords (average) and have seen a 700% increase in the number of ads based on the mapping system.
- Top 3 tips to create a solid cross-device strategy
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
- Multitasking activity during TV viewing has little to do with the show being watched
- 65% of shoppers still rely on visits to physical stores during online shopping journey
- Internet ad revenues hit landmark high in first half of 2014
- Report: Product placements can recoup commercial losses
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...