News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Microsoft: Adchemy integration increases relevance for Bing searchers
One year after Microsoft tapped Adchemy for their Bing search engine, the software giant reports search users are seeing more relevant query results, which is helping advertisers increase engagement. Through the partnership Adchemy and Microsoft create IntentMaps, focusing on the intent of the search rather than simple keyword based results.
"Advertisers managing campaigns on Bing Ads know their ads are reaching an audience that is significant, unique, distinct and highly valuable. Understanding intent is a critical factor in improving the online experience, and our relationship with Adchemy helps advertisers recognize the intent behind a user query to deliver a more compelling experience," said David Pann, general manager, Search Network, Microsoft. "We look forward to working with Adchemy to bring the power of IntentMaps to even more Bing Ads advertisers."
Search marketers are getting a leg-up from the integration between Adchemy and Microsoft on the Yahoo/Bing Network according to the companies. One year after their partnership began the two have created more than 100 'intent maps' which help deliver more relevant ads to searchers and increases search ROI for advertisers. The results base search results on the intent of the query rather than simple keywords.
"We have a very ambitious vision of transforming this space to helpsolve the problems of search and digital advertising by using intent," said Murthy Nukala, founder and CEO, Adchemy. "Reaching the 100 IntentMap milestone validates both the enormous opportunity for search advertisers that still exists and the value that focusing on User Intent can bring to consumers and advertisers alike."
IntentMaps generates highly relevant ad copy; that copy is display through themed groups that increase the relevancy to the consumer. According to Adchemy campaigns have seen a 436% in traffic-generating keywords (average) and have seen a 700% increase in the number of ads based on the mapping system.
- Research reveals which website image format results in happier visitors
- Location accuracy analysis reveals improvement for mobile ad campaigns
- Research reveals Millennials' attitudes toward brands
- Survey: Online, offline shopping experiences 'merging'
- Message Systems flips email to up engagement
- Marketers beware - research your target market or risk stereotyping
- Google: U.S government user data requests up 250% since 2009
- Survey reveals general reluctance to pay for online content and apps
Featured White Papers
- Why the Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
Do you want to see why marketers are outsourcing their writing? Read this white paper to learn how external writers...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...
- The Social Hunger: Why Your Audience Feasts on Social Integration
For the past few years, marketers have 'woken up' to consumers who have the power to express their views anytime...
- The 8 Critical Metrics for Measuring App User Engagement
Measuring and optimizing for the right engagement metrics is the key to attaining and keeping users. Whether your business model...