News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Marin: Facebook ads for Christmas?
One thing that may be different this holiday season? According to new data from Marin Software Facebook ads may get more notice - from shoppers. While data shows that Facebook ads haven't gotten a lot of play to date, that may change over the 2012 holidays.
The Marin report culled data from more than 1800 advertisers and found that shoppers are looking to Facebook - and its ads - over the holiday seasons, even though they may not look to Facebook in other seasons.
"The pressure is on for retailers heading into the holiday season. Based off of what we saw last year, the stretch between Thanksgiving and Cyber Monday will be critical to retailers' success as shoppers become increasingly attuned to promotional events during the holidays," said Matt Lawson, vice president of marketing and partnerships at Marin Software. "Similarly, Facebook is an advertising channel that smart marketers should not ignore as our data shows the social site taking on search-like characteristics during the holiday season."
Some interesting takeaways from the report include:
• Black Friday saw 300% more revenue from paid search ads (2011 vs. 2010)
• Cyber Monday saw a 260% paid search increase
In fact there were dramatic spikes in Facebook ad clicks over the Thanksgiving holiday in 2011. This should come as no surprise - online ads have shown significant beginning with Thanksgiving Weekend in the past, but it's important to note that researchers found Facebook saw higher click numbers on Cyber Monday than on Black Friday.
As for overall revenue, Marin's research notes an 11% increase in click volume for paid search, mobile and social ads while CPCs dropped 4%.
- Is your branded content memorable?
- Study: Most believe personalization key to success
- Report: Most Amazon sellers looking for new marketplaces
- Study: Finance, saving important to Millenials
- Survey: More consumers want to be paperless
- Survey IDS when customers will share personal data
- Bing: Voice searches for hotels up 343% YoY
- Top 5 tips to take business paperless
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...