News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Manta: SMBs predicting happy holiday revenues
The National Retail Federation is predicting a green holiday season and small businesses are taking that to heart, predicting increased revenues for their businesses through the New Year. According to new data from Manta nearly half of SMBs polled believe the 2012 holiday season will hold more profits than the 2011 season.
"The holiday season can bring both immense pressure and great rewards to local small business owners, so this is the most critical time for them to leverage online tools and the vast expertise of other business owners," said Pamela Springer, CEO of Manta. "We're pleased to see many of the small businesses in our community gaining awareness about how their online actions impact their business - from their online presence on sites like Manta, to selling goods and running promotions online - and sharing their best practices and advice with other business owners."
"We're expecting the holidays to be busier than ever this year and I plan to use a small arsenal of online tools that I trust and that I know work for my business," said Norman Linton, Owner of Kentucky-based Tees N Textiles LLC, and a customer of Manta.
One interesting finding: more than 40% of those surveyed believe the bulk of their sales will come from online stores this year, up from one-third who said the same in 2011. How can SMBs make the 2012 holidays a hit? Manta suggests:
• Running cross-store discounts/campaigns with fellow SMBs to engage more shoppers
• Look at what worked in 2011 and build off those successes
• Focus efforts on sales methods that are tried-and-true - like window displays or creating merchandise boards on social media like Facebook or Pinterest
• Know which consumer groups buy which products to appeal to the widest audience
- Top 3 social trends to watch in 2015
- Why clicks will regain importance in 2015
- Security concerns cause 23% of consumers to shop less online
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
- Online cash register bells will continue ringing on Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...