News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Litle: Mobile sweet spot under $100
When it comes to mobile purchasing new data out from Litle & Co. shows where the sweet spot is - and it may be a little cheaper than many merchants thought. According to the data the best pricing for goods in the mobile space is between $20 and $100.
On the one hand, Litle & Co.'s research shows nearly three-quarters (71%) have never used a mobile wallet or payment option, but for those who have most prefer paying under $100 for goods. Just over 60% of mobile purchasers have made a purchase from a smart device for that number.
"Consumers are carefully choosing between using credit or debit/cash and it's no wonder given the current economic climate," said Ben Saren, vice president of marketing at Litle. "They are making trade-offs between using their available funds rather than credit to defer payment but are evidently swayed by the chance to earn bonus awards and miles. Meanwhile, the number of shoppers transacting via their mobile devices is small, and really calls into question the consumer appetite for mobile payments. For retailers and merchants, these research findings present important insights that should be factored into marketing and targeting plans this holiday shopping season."
Other interesting findings from the report include:
• Only 1 in 4 mobile consumers have actually purchased from a mobile device
• 8% believe mobile wallets will change how we make purchases in the future
And, looking ahead to the holidays, when even more consumers are expected to at least research products via mobile, Litle & Co. found about half plan not to use credit over the 2012 holidays - unless making a purchase of $100 or more. In that case, credit is the preferred buying option.
Those affluents who plan to use credit over the holidays say they'll do so because of the rewards offered by their credit card companies - rewards miles, for example.
- Value of price comparison providers revealed
- Commuters highly engaged and active mobile audience for brands, retailers
- We2 to connect NYC's retailers and consumers via 'social WiFi'
- Consumers rate email as most relevant and accurate of all channels
- Research: Silver surfers feel undervalued by retailers
- Global PC sales fall for sixth consecutive quarter
- Releases evaluate content, make file sharing simpler
- Responsys: Mobile pushing conversions
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...