News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Latin American video trends point to skyrocketing consumption
Online video is raging around the globe. From viewers on computers to mobile devices, more and more content is consumed through video outlets each month. In Latin America, the trends look like this:
"Online video has reached record levels of adoption across Latin America as more viewers are tuning in and consuming more video content than ever before," said Alejandro Fosk, comScore senior vice president for Latin America. "This growth in viewership is particularly important for both marketers, with online video proving to be one of the best ways to reach and influence consumers, and for publishers, with video ads commanding high advertising rates on a per impression basis."
When it comes to straight up video adoption, Argentina is in the lead. More than 13 million Argentinians over age 15 watched online video in August 2011, a 12% increase Year over Year; that represents more than 90% of the total online population for the country. Next is Chile (92% online video adoption) and Brazil (84% video adoption rate).
But sheer viewer numbers aren't the whole story. Engagement is key, especially for advertisers in the video space. Where engagement is concerned, Mexico wins out. According to comScore 80% of online Mexican consumers watched video content in August; on average each watched at least 14 hours of content, making Mexico the most engaged audience. Mexico also ranks as the fastest growing video marketplace within Latin America, growing at a rate of 14% YoY.
Finally, Chile ranks as the top Latin American video watching country for sheer number of videos watched per viewer - with a whopping 171 clips (average) for the month of August. Most Chilean's tune in to online video through Google sites. Nearly 7 million Chileans watched nearly 2 billion video clips for the month. That is an increase of 48% YoY.
- In-store pricing versus online: Getting the price right at the right time
- Investment in the online shopping experience paying dividends for retailers
- Survey: Mobile a sore spot for luxury brands
- Study: Switching economy could cost US brands $1 trillion
- Does your business send packages? USPS postal rates change
- Localytics: App engagement up, retention declines
- Knowledge of marketing automation low among senior-level marketers
- Study: Data tools don't stop cross-channel challenges
Featured White Papers
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Download this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Benchmark Report: Data Drives Social Media Performance
After analyzing 1.6 M posts on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus, we've concluded that how you distribute your social posts...
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...