News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Latin American video trends point to skyrocketing consumption
Online video is raging around the globe. From viewers on computers to mobile devices, more and more content is consumed through video outlets each month. In Latin America, the trends look like this:
"Online video has reached record levels of adoption across Latin America as more viewers are tuning in and consuming more video content than ever before," said Alejandro Fosk, comScore senior vice president for Latin America. "This growth in viewership is particularly important for both marketers, with online video proving to be one of the best ways to reach and influence consumers, and for publishers, with video ads commanding high advertising rates on a per impression basis."
When it comes to straight up video adoption, Argentina is in the lead. More than 13 million Argentinians over age 15 watched online video in August 2011, a 12% increase Year over Year; that represents more than 90% of the total online population for the country. Next is Chile (92% online video adoption) and Brazil (84% video adoption rate).
But sheer viewer numbers aren't the whole story. Engagement is key, especially for advertisers in the video space. Where engagement is concerned, Mexico wins out. According to comScore 80% of online Mexican consumers watched video content in August; on average each watched at least 14 hours of content, making Mexico the most engaged audience. Mexico also ranks as the fastest growing video marketplace within Latin America, growing at a rate of 14% YoY.
Finally, Chile ranks as the top Latin American video watching country for sheer number of videos watched per viewer - with a whopping 171 clips (average) for the month of August. Most Chilean's tune in to online video through Google sites. Nearly 7 million Chileans watched nearly 2 billion video clips for the month. That is an increase of 48% YoY.
- 25% of smartphone owners have used mobile wallet technology at least once
- Forge relationships with consumers with gamification marketing techniques
- 50% of teens bored of Facebook as the social network loses its 'cool' factor
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
- Studies predict strong holiday shopping season
- Unruly IDs the most shared videos of 2014
- Expert: Why marketers should watch augmented reality
Featured White Papers
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....