News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Latin American video trends point to skyrocketing consumption
Online video is raging around the globe. From viewers on computers to mobile devices, more and more content is consumed through video outlets each month. In Latin America, the trends look like this:
"Online video has reached record levels of adoption across Latin America as more viewers are tuning in and consuming more video content than ever before," said Alejandro Fosk, comScore senior vice president for Latin America. "This growth in viewership is particularly important for both marketers, with online video proving to be one of the best ways to reach and influence consumers, and for publishers, with video ads commanding high advertising rates on a per impression basis."
When it comes to straight up video adoption, Argentina is in the lead. More than 13 million Argentinians over age 15 watched online video in August 2011, a 12% increase Year over Year; that represents more than 90% of the total online population for the country. Next is Chile (92% online video adoption) and Brazil (84% video adoption rate).
But sheer viewer numbers aren't the whole story. Engagement is key, especially for advertisers in the video space. Where engagement is concerned, Mexico wins out. According to comScore 80% of online Mexican consumers watched video content in August; on average each watched at least 14 hours of content, making Mexico the most engaged audience. Mexico also ranks as the fastest growing video marketplace within Latin America, growing at a rate of 14% YoY.
Finally, Chile ranks as the top Latin American video watching country for sheer number of videos watched per viewer - with a whopping 171 clips (average) for the month of August. Most Chilean's tune in to online video through Google sites. Nearly 7 million Chileans watched nearly 2 billion video clips for the month. That is an increase of 48% YoY.
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
- Adobe: More online TV watched on smartphones than tablets
- Ad Roundup: Launches to increase mobile, social capabilities
- Zendesk: Brand promoters talk less, detractors talk more
- Spending up but enthusiasm down for Halloween celebrations in the UK
- Study: Santa's Using SaaS
- Brits have financial concerns in the run up to Christmas
- Top 3 tips to create a solid cross-device strategy
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...