News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Latin American video trends point to skyrocketing consumption
Online video is raging around the globe. From viewers on computers to mobile devices, more and more content is consumed through video outlets each month. In Latin America, the trends look like this:
"Online video has reached record levels of adoption across Latin America as more viewers are tuning in and consuming more video content than ever before," said Alejandro Fosk, comScore senior vice president for Latin America. "This growth in viewership is particularly important for both marketers, with online video proving to be one of the best ways to reach and influence consumers, and for publishers, with video ads commanding high advertising rates on a per impression basis."
When it comes to straight up video adoption, Argentina is in the lead. More than 13 million Argentinians over age 15 watched online video in August 2011, a 12% increase Year over Year; that represents more than 90% of the total online population for the country. Next is Chile (92% online video adoption) and Brazil (84% video adoption rate).
But sheer viewer numbers aren't the whole story. Engagement is key, especially for advertisers in the video space. Where engagement is concerned, Mexico wins out. According to comScore 80% of online Mexican consumers watched video content in August; on average each watched at least 14 hours of content, making Mexico the most engaged audience. Mexico also ranks as the fastest growing video marketplace within Latin America, growing at a rate of 14% YoY.
Finally, Chile ranks as the top Latin American video watching country for sheer number of videos watched per viewer - with a whopping 171 clips (average) for the month of August. Most Chilean's tune in to online video through Google sites. Nearly 7 million Chileans watched nearly 2 billion video clips for the month. That is an increase of 48% YoY.
- Experiences - not amenities - create most social media chatter about hotels
- Younger consumers will share personal data in exchange for more accurate search results
- Forecast: App store spend to increase 33%
- Report shows Southwest winning digital airline wars
- Expert: Why unsubscribes aren't necessarily bad
- Study: Most want loyalty to be mobile
- Expert: Data key to video strategy
- Study: Half of loyalty club members want retail redemption options
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...