News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Jun Group: Video marketplace maturing
While the bulk of video ad placements continue to be short pre-roll units, the marketplace is getting ready for a shift - and that's a good thing for advertisers. That, according to new data out from Jun Group. The new research shows that while pre-roll remains the front-runner, savvy video brands are allowing for opt-in, which is improving engagement.
According to the Jun Group study:
• 30 second ads have a 97% completion rate
• Ads longer than 2 minutes see 87% completion rates
• 70% of all video views are from clips over 1 minute
As for engagement, the best engagement time (4.50%) was for clips between 30 and 60 seconds; viewers over age 55 (4.35% completion rate) and between age 35-54 (3.49%) had the best completion rates. What's more, researchers found that by offering opt-in and by asking the viewer a question before launching the clip interaction rates within the content were higher.
Meanwhile, data from comScore shows Americans viewed nearly 38 billion video clips in August 2012, with nearly 10 million of those clips advertisements. More than 87% of US Internet users are now watching online video. For the month, the average content clip was just over 6 minutes while the average video ad came in at 0.4 minutes.
The Jun Group report also notes that branded engagement within Facebook seems to be declining (9% decrease YoY). While a number of consumers still visit a brand's social page, more are going to the actual branded website to look for content, products and information.
- Value of price comparison providers revealed
- Commuters highly engaged and active mobile audience for brands, retailers
- We2 to connect NYC's retailers and consumers via 'social WiFi'
- Consumers rate email as most relevant and accurate of all channels
- Research: Silver surfers feel undervalued by retailers
- Global PC sales fall for sixth consecutive quarter
- Releases evaluate content, make file sharing simpler
- Responsys: Mobile pushing conversions
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...