News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Jun Group: Video marketplace maturing
While the bulk of video ad placements continue to be short pre-roll units, the marketplace is getting ready for a shift - and that's a good thing for advertisers. That, according to new data out from Jun Group. The new research shows that while pre-roll remains the front-runner, savvy video brands are allowing for opt-in, which is improving engagement.
According to the Jun Group study:
• 30 second ads have a 97% completion rate
• Ads longer than 2 minutes see 87% completion rates
• 70% of all video views are from clips over 1 minute
As for engagement, the best engagement time (4.50%) was for clips between 30 and 60 seconds; viewers over age 55 (4.35% completion rate) and between age 35-54 (3.49%) had the best completion rates. What's more, researchers found that by offering opt-in and by asking the viewer a question before launching the clip interaction rates within the content were higher.
Meanwhile, data from comScore shows Americans viewed nearly 38 billion video clips in August 2012, with nearly 10 million of those clips advertisements. More than 87% of US Internet users are now watching online video. For the month, the average content clip was just over 6 minutes while the average video ad came in at 0.4 minutes.
The Jun Group report also notes that branded engagement within Facebook seems to be declining (9% decrease YoY). While a number of consumers still visit a brand's social page, more are going to the actual branded website to look for content, products and information.
- Consumers, like many marketers, don't know what native advertising is
- Travel: Paid search spend continues downward trend
- Why developers need to test apps
- Unruly: SocNetters buzz about getting buzzed
- Survey: Friends, not search, pushing mobile video
- Release leaves power of the brand with the brand
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
Featured White Papers
- The Promise of Marketing Operations Management
How can marketers keep pace with the ever-expanding volume of campaigns, customized offers, contact channels and product claims? More than...
- 54 Examples of Brilliant Homepage Design
For any given company, the homepage is its virtual front door - and face to the world. If a new...
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...