News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Janrain releases one-click tool for social sharers
Sharing across social networks has become a great way for brands to increase their profile. Unfortunately what was once simple for consumers to do has become more difficult as social networks have changed the way branded content shows up on social feeds. A new tool from Janrain could change that, offering a one click, frictionless way for brands to share products and information with shoppers - and for shoppers to then share with friends.
The one-click product was created using Facebook's Open Graph technology. Janrain clients simply add the product to their website, landing or content pages. Shoppers who land on that page can simple click a single button and that product or service is then shared to the shopper's Facebook wall.
"Social readers are a step forward in allowing consumers to easily share interesting content from across the web, but unfortunately the current crop has seen a backlash from users who don't always understand that they are giving a website access to post about their activity online to their Facebook wall," said Larry Drebes, CEO of Janrain. "Our one-click sharing feature addresses those privacy concerns, putting the user in control of when and how they share stories, reviews, purchases, and other content."
Brands can include selling points like a specific call to action and can turn the sharing feature on and off at their discretion. And, rather than requiring a shopper to enter a captcha or other authentication, that user is simply taken to the content page from the social network.
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
- Long? Short? Which headline length generates the most click-throughs?
- comScore: U.S. smartphone ownership reaches all-time high
- UK retail websites struggled to cope with Cyber Monday traffic peaks
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...