News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Infolinks release to curtail banner blindness?
While online display ad spending is forecast to grow over the coming year, there is still a problem with the segment: many shoppers don't 'see' display ads. Because of the proliferation of banners and other, more static ad features, these consumers have become blinded to display and that is hurting advertiser ROI. A new suite of tools from Infolinks is set up to help advertisers fight ad blindness.
Called In3 , the tools are based on real time information and a CPC basis to help maximize campaign ROI. Rather than offering a static location for an ad, the suite of tools allows the placement of ads in 'unexpected but sensible' website locations. The suite includes four new ad units:
• InFrame, which uses previously un-monitized margin space; these ads remain in place even if the visitor scrolls down a page
• InSearch ads are overlays presented to a visitor who clicks through to a site via a search engine query; the ads are relevant to the query
• InTag identifies relevant keywords and displays them in a tag cloud on a publisher's site
• InText uses highlighting to identify keywords within a website's text and offers clickable links so the visitor can receive more information
"As a site that sees six million unique visitors per month, Investopedia was seeking an additional revenue source for our organic search traffic, which we rely heavily upon," said Mark Ly, VP of Operations and Technology, Investopedia.com, a ValueClick company. "Incorporating Infolinks into our website was extremely easy and requires very little maintenance. The ads are very engaging and tailored to a particular visitor's intent at that very moment. We were able to boost our eCPMs from that location by 100% since implementing Infolinks and would strongly recommend it to other website publishers."
Investopedia was an early adopter of the suite.
- App Store hits 50 billion milestone, Google Play not far behind
- IBM: Mother's Day shopping goes mobile
- Service industry occupations not safe from technology
- How webrooming is taking over ecommerce
- Report: Strong digital presence key to success
- Report: SMBs falling behind in tech
- Mobile the boost loyalty programs need
- British Land: UK retail stores must adapt or die
Featured White Papers
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...