News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
GetResponse IDs best email send times
When it comes to email marketing studies have shown that the sooner a recipient opens a message the more likely they'll click or engage. But when is the best time to send messages so that they're opened? New data from GetResponse sheds light on which times of day will ensure better open rates.
GetResponse analyzed more than twenty million email messages sent in Q1 2012. Their findings: emails opened within one hour post-send had a 23% open rate. Open rates dropped significantly after an email sat in the inbox for more than an hour. By the second hour open rates dropped to 9.52% and by the third hour to 6.33%.
So, when should an emailer send a message so that list members will see the message sooner, enhancing open rates? The research shows the highest email engagement times were 8-10 AM and 3-4 PM, but timing isn't everything.
Emails sent in the morning may get more attention, but there are more mailings sent in the morning hours - which means a chance that the message could get lost in the shuffle. So, GetResponse suggests sending messages in the early afternoon or the early morning hours.
"Don't let your message lost impact by waiting too long in the inbox," writes the company. "Schedule emails to land in the inbox no later than one hour before top open times, so they get maximum attention and results."
They also suggest segmenting list members according to the different time zones and locations of list members to make the most of those good open times. Because sending a message at 8:30AM Eastern Time could serve list members on the East Coast of the US well, but by the time a recipient on the West Coast opens email, the message could be buried. Timing gets even more problematic when considering list members in Europe or Australia.
- Tapjoy reveals mobile habits of traveling consumers
- Product reviews on Facebook more trusted, influential than on other social media
- Mobile privacy and brand safety remain top challenges for UK media agencies
- Dispop proves the value of custom display ad creative
- Top 5 elements brands should test
- How to reduce the bounce
- Poor in-store service pushes festive shoppers online
- Why brands need more than CPM based metrics
Featured White Papers
- 5 Tips for B2B Marketing Data Domination
You work hard to collect your marketing data. But you can collect so much that sometimes it's hard to make...
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...