News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
GetResponse IDs best email send times
When it comes to email marketing studies have shown that the sooner a recipient opens a message the more likely they'll click or engage. But when is the best time to send messages so that they're opened? New data from GetResponse sheds light on which times of day will ensure better open rates.
GetResponse analyzed more than twenty million email messages sent in Q1 2012. Their findings: emails opened within one hour post-send had a 23% open rate. Open rates dropped significantly after an email sat in the inbox for more than an hour. By the second hour open rates dropped to 9.52% and by the third hour to 6.33%.
So, when should an emailer send a message so that list members will see the message sooner, enhancing open rates? The research shows the highest email engagement times were 8-10 AM and 3-4 PM, but timing isn't everything.
Emails sent in the morning may get more attention, but there are more mailings sent in the morning hours - which means a chance that the message could get lost in the shuffle. So, GetResponse suggests sending messages in the early afternoon or the early morning hours.
"Don't let your message lost impact by waiting too long in the inbox," writes the company. "Schedule emails to land in the inbox no later than one hour before top open times, so they get maximum attention and results."
They also suggest segmenting list members according to the different time zones and locations of list members to make the most of those good open times. Because sending a message at 8:30AM Eastern Time could serve list members on the East Coast of the US well, but by the time a recipient on the West Coast opens email, the message could be buried. Timing gets even more problematic when considering list members in Europe or Australia.
- Accenture: Execs have tech, need talent to make sense of data
- Study: More people working on home To-Dos from work
- Study: Mobile users will wait
- SendGrid launches email service
- IAB UK: Fashion retailers perform best in mobile marketing
- Mobile offers, coupons big draw for Dads
- Cardiff University beats prestigious Oxford in online presence stakes
- Report: SMBs missing out on mobile commerce
Featured White Papers
- 8 Key Plays For Sales Success
Pull ahead of your competition by learning best practices for incorporating these new technologies into your daily sales & marketing...
- How to Drive More Traffic Without Increasing Budget
Counterfeiters are adept at mimicking top brands' digital marketing strategies by building pay per click (PPC) campaigns that exploit both...
- Explain What You Do: How a simple explainer video increased online conversion by 20%
In this case study we examine the explainer video for Inbenta, a natural language processing service operating in a highly...
- 7 Reasons To Consider Responsive Design For Your Companys Next Generation Website
In this white paper, learn the 7 reasons to consider responsive design for your company's next generation website. With the...
- Forrester Report: Digital Customer Experience Trends to Watch 2013
Digital touchpoints support an increasingly large percentage of the overall customer experience. 2012 saw the emergence of several important digital...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Beyond Last Touch: Understanding Campaign Effectiveness
Understanding what drives customers to take action is critical to your advertising investments. However, with a flood of available metrics...