News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Forecast: RTB spending to increase significantly
Look for more spending on real time bidding (RTB) inventory in the coming months. That according to new data from Index Platform and Casale Media. However, even with more interest in RTB ad buyers say they want more control over the quality of the inventory and better reporting features.
"In the emerging programmatic environment, we hear time and again that relationships still matter," said Andrew Casale, VP of strategy, Casale Media. "Buyers and sellers increasingly want to do deals by interacting directly with each other, and this is just one point of clarity that we in the industry need to communicate. All the players in this segment need to collaborate around market education for the industry to thrive. The innovations have advanced even just in the past year, and we need to articulate how technology has vastly improved the experience for buyers and sellers."
According to the report:
• 77% of those surveyed say they would spend more on RTB if they could be assured of quality and/or impressions
• 85% fear RTBs will 'devalue' their inventory
• 75% are afraid existing sales relationships could suffer because of RTB
The report indicates businesses need a better understanding of RTB moving forward. The research shows one in four still want the 'human element' in buying - so that buyers are 'face to face' with their accounts. It further indicates that there need to be a better understanding of the differences between real time bidding, private ad exchanges, demand side and other ad platforms.
- Olfactory device for mobile phones not to be sniffed at
- Report reveals impact of slow load times on brand perception
- Print catalogs continue to drive sales in Australia
- Study: Shoppers more focused on the end-game
- Adchemy release pulls keywords from branded content
- RocketLawyer: SMBs looking forward to 2014
- Survey: Marketers facing disconnect with content creation
- Nearly half of consumers believe mobile marketing messages are irrelevant, useless
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...