News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Few UK B2B firms use social for lead or demand generation
B2B companies are focusing social media activities around brand awareness, finds a new survey from Eloqua, while lead generation and demand generation strategies take a back seat.
In its survey of 296 UK B2B marketers, marketing automation firm Eloqua found that over two-thirds (64%) use social media to promote their company. Of those, the vast majority (83%) use social media for brand awareness.
However, lead and demand generation activities are rarely on the social media agenda. In fact, in terms of social media ownership, demand generation departments are ranked last, way behind product marketing, PR/communications and the website departments.
According to Eloqua's findings, just 35% of respondents use social media to create a demand for their product or services. Even less (22%) use social media to collect data for lead generation purposes.
And yet, both lead and demand activities, while separate, can work well together in social media. Demand generation campaigns create curiosity in a product or service after which lead generation campaigns can run to capture that interest.
"A lack of clear strategy around social and demand generation is holding companies back. Marketers still feel the pressure to 'go social' and improve awareness across social channels but for those involved in lead generation, integrating social throughout the process remains somewhat of a mystery," said Heidi Melin, CMO, Eloqua.
"While UK marketers may be missing an opportunity today, the good news is that there are now tools and technologies available to help them socially engage with prospects at each step of the buyer's journey," added Melin, referring to her company's product, Social Suite, a collection of apps aimed at improving B2B social marketing capabilities.
- Yahoo introduces one-stop business listing dashboard for SMBs
- Nielsen reveals habits of second-screeners
- Why your coupons need mobile
- Jivox, vSplash push interactivity with platforms
- Amazon facilitates social gifting on Facebook
- Younger B2B buyers' online purchase behavior ignored by suppliers
- Portrait of an affluent consumer
- U.S.: 41 billion online videos watched in May
Featured White Papers
- Transforming Brands into Media Outlets
Storytelling has been around forever, but businesses today need to capitalize on a variety of new tools to tell their...
- 8 Key Plays For Sales Success
Pull ahead of your competition by learning best practices for incorporating these new technologies into your daily sales & marketing...
- How to Drive More Traffic Without Increasing Budget
Counterfeiters are adept at mimicking top brands' digital marketing strategies by building pay per click (PPC) campaigns that exploit both...
- Explain What You Do: How a simple explainer video increased online conversion by 20%
In this case study we examine the explainer video for Inbenta, a natural language processing service operating in a highly...
- 7 Reasons To Consider Responsive Design For Your Companys Next Generation Website
In this white paper, learn the 7 reasons to consider responsive design for your company's next generation website. With the...
- Forrester Report: Digital Customer Experience Trends to Watch 2013
Digital touchpoints support an increasingly large percentage of the overall customer experience. 2012 saw the emergence of several important digital...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...