News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Facebook tops global brands list
When it comes to brands making a splash around the globe, none is bigger than The Social Network. That would be Facebook. According to new data in from General Sentiment, Facebook now tops the Global Brands List - ahead of search giant Google and Apple, even with Apple's release of iPhone 5.
"This quarter, we have seen major movement in the list. Facebook usurped the top spot, and the technology leaders who have historically dominated the list - Apple, Google, Amazon.com, Microsoft - have slipped," said Pete Moran, CEO of General Sentiment. "Interestingly, MTV jumped up from fifteen to fourth. It just goes to show you how powerful social is in the TV industry."
Facebook's lucky number - $751M in Impact Media Value, leads Apple ($657M IMV) and Google ($547M IMV). IMV tracks the sentiment attached to media mentions, assigning positive values to brands mentioned, measuring the reach and from there valuing the exposure of the conversation on the brand.
Also among the top five are MTV and Amazon.com. What's interesting about the top 3 is that Apple surpassed Google, even though many consumers have been critical of the iOS 6 Maps fiasco that took Google Maps off their smartphones; meanwhile Amazon dropped to fifth place as the US government required the online retailer to begin collecting taxes in several states; also Walmart stopped carrying their Kindle products.
As for Perception Media Value - value based on the quality of the exposure created - brands including JPMorgan, Louis Vuiton and AutoZone topped the list. Among brands falling off, Chevron, FedEx and AES Corporation all took a tumble in Q3 2012.
- Value of price comparison providers revealed
- Commuters highly engaged and active mobile audience for brands, retailers
- We2 to connect NYC's retailers and consumers via 'social WiFi'
- Consumers rate email as most relevant and accurate of all channels
- Research: Silver surfers feel undervalued by retailers
- Global PC sales fall for sixth consecutive quarter
- Releases evaluate content, make file sharing simpler
- Responsys: Mobile pushing conversions
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...