News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Facebook tops global brands list
When it comes to brands making a splash around the globe, none is bigger than The Social Network. That would be Facebook. According to new data in from General Sentiment, Facebook now tops the Global Brands List - ahead of search giant Google and Apple, even with Apple's release of iPhone 5.
"This quarter, we have seen major movement in the list. Facebook usurped the top spot, and the technology leaders who have historically dominated the list - Apple, Google, Amazon.com, Microsoft - have slipped," said Pete Moran, CEO of General Sentiment. "Interestingly, MTV jumped up from fifteen to fourth. It just goes to show you how powerful social is in the TV industry."
Facebook's lucky number - $751M in Impact Media Value, leads Apple ($657M IMV) and Google ($547M IMV). IMV tracks the sentiment attached to media mentions, assigning positive values to brands mentioned, measuring the reach and from there valuing the exposure of the conversation on the brand.
Also among the top five are MTV and Amazon.com. What's interesting about the top 3 is that Apple surpassed Google, even though many consumers have been critical of the iOS 6 Maps fiasco that took Google Maps off their smartphones; meanwhile Amazon dropped to fifth place as the US government required the online retailer to begin collecting taxes in several states; also Walmart stopped carrying their Kindle products.
As for Perception Media Value - value based on the quality of the exposure created - brands including JPMorgan, Louis Vuiton and AutoZone topped the list. Among brands falling off, Chevron, FedEx and AES Corporation all took a tumble in Q3 2012.
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...