News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Facebook reveals the viral spread of Offers
If the figures recently released by Facebook are correct, the vast majority of Facebook Offers are spread virally among Friends.
Facebook Offers really do get a lot of free viral exposure. Of the 100 most-popular Facebook Offers, three-quarters of redemptions came not from the original ad target, but from their Friends and Friends of Friends.
Speaking at DMA2012, the Direct Marketing Association's conference in Las Vegas, Facebook's vice president of marketing and business relationships, David Fischer, reiterated Google's extensive reach:
- 1 billion active users;
- 2.5 billion pieces of content shared each day;
- 2.7 billion Like actions each day;
- 300 million photos shared each day.
Earlier this week reports surfaced that Facebook may be allowing some 'priority' brands access to their Fans' other Likes. However, a statement given to AdWeek appears to dispel this.
"To help marketers build better campaigns, Facebook offers aggregated insights to managed clients that help them understand trends about their fan bases. These tools do not provide marketers with any data about their competitors' fan bases. As always, Facebook does not share user-specific data with advertisers."
- Top 3 tips to use a loyalty program to build engagement
- Fewer people report suffering with information overload than a decade ago
- Third of businesses globally under-prepared for digital transformation
- Expert: Tipping point for personalization is near
- Big brands found using 'dark UX' methods
- Video Roundup: New formats mean new opportunities
- Top 3 tips for chatbot, CSE integrations
- Email trends to watch for 2017
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...