News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Facebook reveals the viral spread of Offers
If the figures recently released by Facebook are correct, the vast majority of Facebook Offers are spread virally among Friends.
Facebook Offers really do get a lot of free viral exposure. Of the 100 most-popular Facebook Offers, three-quarters of redemptions came not from the original ad target, but from their Friends and Friends of Friends.
Speaking at DMA2012, the Direct Marketing Association's conference in Las Vegas, Facebook's vice president of marketing and business relationships, David Fischer, reiterated Google's extensive reach:
- 1 billion active users;
- 2.5 billion pieces of content shared each day;
- 2.7 billion Like actions each day;
- 300 million photos shared each day.
Earlier this week reports surfaced that Facebook may be allowing some 'priority' brands access to their Fans' other Likes. However, a statement given to AdWeek appears to dispel this.
"To help marketers build better campaigns, Facebook offers aggregated insights to managed clients that help them understand trends about their fan bases. These tools do not provide marketers with any data about their competitors' fan bases. As always, Facebook does not share user-specific data with advertisers."
- Studies ID how Millennials are connecting
- Black Friday UK predicted to break £1bn in online sales
- Smaato: Spending on mobile web ads soars
- Study: What consumers really want from loyalty programs
- Top 4 Tips to Manage Relationship Between Developers, Marketers
- Android steadily catching up Apple on opens and clicks in E.U.
- Survey suggests increasing interest in e-gifts
- Referral key way in which marketers find SEO services
Featured White Papers
- Digital Trends 2015
Download the 2015 Digital Trends report, created in partnership with Econsultancy, to see the trends and tools you need to...