News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Covario: Global Paid Search up 33% YoY
Brands and marketers around the world continue looking to paid search to help push online traffic and sales. According to new data from Covario paid search is up more than 33% (YoY) across the globe - search is being increasingly pushed by tablets, finds the research.
Mobile search saw significant increases, as well, as brands pushed more dollars into the mobile realm. Global search spending for mobiles increased 17% between Q2 and Q3 and by 90% YoY.
Search shows the strongest hold in North America and the Asia/Pacific regions, although search spending did soften in China. Some interesting takeaways include:
• Asia/Pacific search spending increased 45% YoY, 7% Quarter over Quarter
• North American search spending increased 39% YoY, 7% QoQ
• European search spending increased 10% YoY and 1% QoQ
"Across all of the search engines, the combination of a 4 percent increase in click-through rates and a 12 percent increase in CPCs suggest that keyword pricing in conjunction with higher performing ad formats - and not volume - has largely been responsible for the sequential growth," said Alex Funk, Global Performance Media Strategist, Covario.
On a global scale Google accounts for a 87% share of the search marketing spend; for Q3 2012 search spending increased 34% YoY for Google with an 8% increase between Q2 and Q3. And China's Baidu engine saw a 55% increase in search spending.
Meanwhile, comScore finds little change in the search market from a consumer perspective, with Google still accounting for more than 65% of explicit core searches (US). More than 16 billion explicit core searches were performed in September 2012. Nearly 70% of searches included organic search results from Google; about one-quarter (25.1%) were queried via Microsoft's Bing engine.
- Release leaves power of the brand with the brand
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
- Twitter launches lead generation tool
- uTest's Apphance shows 10 times more sessions
- New social network to connection non-corp types
- Elance: Remote hiring sees 60% jump
- Engajer integrates to LinkedIn
Featured White Papers
- 54 Examples of Brilliant Homepage Design
For any given company, the homepage is its virtual front door - and face to the world. If a new...
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...