News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Covario: Global Paid Search up 33% YoY
Brands and marketers around the world continue looking to paid search to help push online traffic and sales. According to new data from Covario paid search is up more than 33% (YoY) across the globe - search is being increasingly pushed by tablets, finds the research.
Mobile search saw significant increases, as well, as brands pushed more dollars into the mobile realm. Global search spending for mobiles increased 17% between Q2 and Q3 and by 90% YoY.
Search shows the strongest hold in North America and the Asia/Pacific regions, although search spending did soften in China. Some interesting takeaways include:
• Asia/Pacific search spending increased 45% YoY, 7% Quarter over Quarter
• North American search spending increased 39% YoY, 7% QoQ
• European search spending increased 10% YoY and 1% QoQ
"Across all of the search engines, the combination of a 4 percent increase in click-through rates and a 12 percent increase in CPCs suggest that keyword pricing in conjunction with higher performing ad formats - and not volume - has largely been responsible for the sequential growth," said Alex Funk, Global Performance Media Strategist, Covario.
On a global scale Google accounts for a 87% share of the search marketing spend; for Q3 2012 search spending increased 34% YoY for Google with an 8% increase between Q2 and Q3. And China's Baidu engine saw a 55% increase in search spending.
Meanwhile, comScore finds little change in the search market from a consumer perspective, with Google still accounting for more than 65% of explicit core searches (US). More than 16 billion explicit core searches were performed in September 2012. Nearly 70% of searches included organic search results from Google; about one-quarter (25.1%) were queried via Microsoft's Bing engine.
- Tapjoy reveals mobile habits of traveling consumers
- Product reviews on Facebook more trusted, influential than on other social media
- Mobile privacy and brand safety remain top challenges for UK media agencies
- Dispop proves the value of custom display ad creative
- Top 5 elements brands should test
- How to reduce the bounce
- Poor in-store service pushes festive shoppers online
- Why brands need more than CPM based metrics
Featured White Papers
- 5 Tips for B2B Marketing Data Domination
You work hard to collect your marketing data. But you can collect so much that sometimes it's hard to make...
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...