News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Consumers wait for current mobile contract to end before upgrading
The iPhone 5 sold like hotcakes after the launch, but a new survey from Ipsos Public Affairs and coupon website RetailMeNot.com reveals there are plenty more waiting in the wings.
Not everyone rushed to buy a new iPhone 5 earlier this month. Many are waiting to upgrade their phone, but won't do so immediately.
The Ipsos/RetailMeNot.com survey of over 1,000 U.S. adults found that 42% will wait until their current mobile phone contract ends before upgrading. The main reason is to avoid expensive termination fees.
Some carriers can charge as much as $350 to terminate a contract.
Just 13% will upgrade whatever their contract status, just for the love of owning the latest gadget. Those under 35 (22%) and parents (17%) are also more likely than others to upgrade their phone because they just like having the latest and greatest technology.
If you can't wait until your contract ends to get your hands on a new iPhone 5, PCMag.com's Eric Griffith provides 13 ways to get out of your existing phone contract including trading a contract, using social media to get your voice heard or finding a loophole in the contract.
- European silver surfers' media consumption moving online
- Social sharing call-to-action in digital ads drives consumer interaction
- Google Play in-app sales rise 700% YoY
- comScore: Desktop spending up 13% YoY
- Report: More ad dollars to focus on branded content
- Ads on YouTube grow but TV ads considered more effective
- Online preferred shopping environment of affluent consumers
- Top 3 tips to improve webrooming abilities
Featured White Papers
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...