News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Consumers plan more time with shopping apps, less time at stores
There may be slightly shorter queues at checkouts and more parking spaces this year. According to a new report from PriceGrabber, fewer consumers intend to spend their time traipsing around the mall this year and, instead, plan to use apps to improve the shopping experience.
Almost half of U.S. online shoppers plan to make fewer trips to the stores for holiday gift purchases this year, says PriceGrabber. Instead, many will make use of shopping apps on their mobile device.
Of the 2,469 respondents to PriceGrabber's survey, almost a third (31%) already have shopping apps on their mobile device, of which 82% plan to use them when buying holiday gifts this year. Furthermore, 32% plan to download new shopping apps as the holiday season approaches.
Coupon apps were the type of shopping app most popular with respondents with 70% planning to download one in the coming weeks. Comparison shopping apps (66%), price check apps with the ability to scan barcodes (63%) and apps specifically developed to searching for Black Friday deals were also planned downloads in preparation for holiday shopping.
"Instead of clipping coupons, shoppers are scouring the internet and turning to their mobile devices to find the best deals. Our survey data states that 82 percent of consumers who already have shopping-related apps will use them in an effort to save money when purchasing gifts this season," said Rojeh Avanesian, vice president of marketing and analytics of PriceGrabber.
"With mobile shopping growing at a rapid rate, it will be interesting to see how retailers will gain the shoppers' attention in the competitive mobile market space this holiday season."
According to Accenture's latest annual Holiday Shopping Survey, released this week, more than half of shoppers (56%) said they intend to arm themselves with a mobile device in-store so they can research and purchase items online.
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
- Multitasking activity during TV viewing has little to do with the show being watched
- 65% of shoppers still rely on visits to physical stores during online shopping journey
- Internet ad revenues hit landmark high in first half of 2014
- Report: Product placements can recoup commercial losses
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
- Britain leads Europe's online shopping boom
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...