News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Consumers plan more time with shopping apps, less time at stores
There may be slightly shorter queues at checkouts and more parking spaces this year. According to a new report from PriceGrabber, fewer consumers intend to spend their time traipsing around the mall this year and, instead, plan to use apps to improve the shopping experience.
Almost half of U.S. online shoppers plan to make fewer trips to the stores for holiday gift purchases this year, says PriceGrabber. Instead, many will make use of shopping apps on their mobile device.
Of the 2,469 respondents to PriceGrabber's survey, almost a third (31%) already have shopping apps on their mobile device, of which 82% plan to use them when buying holiday gifts this year. Furthermore, 32% plan to download new shopping apps as the holiday season approaches.
Coupon apps were the type of shopping app most popular with respondents with 70% planning to download one in the coming weeks. Comparison shopping apps (66%), price check apps with the ability to scan barcodes (63%) and apps specifically developed to searching for Black Friday deals were also planned downloads in preparation for holiday shopping.
"Instead of clipping coupons, shoppers are scouring the internet and turning to their mobile devices to find the best deals. Our survey data states that 82 percent of consumers who already have shopping-related apps will use them in an effort to save money when purchasing gifts this season," said Rojeh Avanesian, vice president of marketing and analytics of PriceGrabber.
"With mobile shopping growing at a rapid rate, it will be interesting to see how retailers will gain the shoppers' attention in the competitive mobile market space this holiday season."
According to Accenture's latest annual Holiday Shopping Survey, released this week, more than half of shoppers (56%) said they intend to arm themselves with a mobile device in-store so they can research and purchase items online.
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...