News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Communications weigh heavy on SMB minds
When it comes to the future small businesses aren't just banking on the 2012 Presidential Election to change things, they're hoping better communications can help them expand as well. The problem? Existing communications issues continue to plague SMBs across the US. According to a new survey from eVoice one-third still worry about missing calls from potential or existing clients.
Looking into the 2013 crystal ball, small businesses are worried about communication issues holding back their businesses. From simple voicemail issues to dropping customer calls because of bad cell service, SMBs report communications at the top of their Fears list heading in to 2013 - and with good reason. According to a new survey from eVoice, more than one-third say they've lost clients because of phone issues.
"I've been using eVoice for over a year and truly believe the service has been a critical factor for our success," said Kirk Nebel, founder and director of Hollywood Academy of Music. "I need to know that my customers can always reach me, because if they can't then my business won't grow."
Some interesting findings from the report include:
• Half of SMBs say calls have dropped in the middle of a conversation
• 72% of respondents say they use the cloud for nearly one-quarter of their workload
• 39% say email is their preferred communication method; 31% say they prefer voicemail
• 62% believe the 2012 holiday season will be better for their business than 2011
For those dropped calls, respondents say the problem isn't just looking bad or appearing unprofessional - it's that they may not have call information readily accessible for a quick call-back. Respondents also say the worry they'll miss important conversation nuances. More than one-third (38%) say dropped calls have lost them customers.
- Yahoo introduces one-stop business listing dashboard for SMBs
- Nielsen reveals habits of second-screeners
- Why your coupons need mobile
- Jivox, vSplash push interactivity with platforms
- Amazon facilitates social gifting on Facebook
- Younger B2B buyers' online purchase behavior ignored by suppliers
- Portrait of an affluent consumer
- U.S.: 41 billion online videos watched in May
Featured White Papers
- Transforming Brands into Media Outlets
Storytelling has been around forever, but businesses today need to capitalize on a variety of new tools to tell their...
- 8 Key Plays For Sales Success
Pull ahead of your competition by learning best practices for incorporating these new technologies into your daily sales & marketing...
- How to Drive More Traffic Without Increasing Budget
Counterfeiters are adept at mimicking top brands' digital marketing strategies by building pay per click (PPC) campaigns that exploit both...
- Explain What You Do: How a simple explainer video increased online conversion by 20%
In this case study we examine the explainer video for Inbenta, a natural language processing service operating in a highly...
- 7 Reasons To Consider Responsive Design For Your Companys Next Generation Website
In this white paper, learn the 7 reasons to consider responsive design for your company's next generation website. With the...
- Forrester Report: Digital Customer Experience Trends to Watch 2013
Digital touchpoints support an increasingly large percentage of the overall customer experience. 2012 saw the emergence of several important digital...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...