News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Communications weigh heavy on SMB minds
When it comes to the future small businesses aren't just banking on the 2012 Presidential Election to change things, they're hoping better communications can help them expand as well. The problem? Existing communications issues continue to plague SMBs across the US. According to a new survey from eVoice one-third still worry about missing calls from potential or existing clients.
Looking into the 2013 crystal ball, small businesses are worried about communication issues holding back their businesses. From simple voicemail issues to dropping customer calls because of bad cell service, SMBs report communications at the top of their Fears list heading in to 2013 - and with good reason. According to a new survey from eVoice, more than one-third say they've lost clients because of phone issues.
"I've been using eVoice for over a year and truly believe the service has been a critical factor for our success," said Kirk Nebel, founder and director of Hollywood Academy of Music. "I need to know that my customers can always reach me, because if they can't then my business won't grow."
Some interesting findings from the report include:
• Half of SMBs say calls have dropped in the middle of a conversation
• 72% of respondents say they use the cloud for nearly one-quarter of their workload
• 39% say email is their preferred communication method; 31% say they prefer voicemail
• 62% believe the 2012 holiday season will be better for their business than 2011
For those dropped calls, respondents say the problem isn't just looking bad or appearing unprofessional - it's that they may not have call information readily accessible for a quick call-back. Respondents also say the worry they'll miss important conversation nuances. More than one-third (38%) say dropped calls have lost them customers.
- Nearly half of consumers believe mobile marketing messages are irrelevant, useless
- Bazaarvoice points the way to authentic reviews
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
- Long? Short? Which headline length generates the most click-throughs?
- comScore: U.S. smartphone ownership reaches all-time high
- UK retail websites struggled to cope with Cyber Monday traffic peaks
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...