News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
British marketers baffled by display advertising acronyms
Do you know your RTB from your SSP? A poll conducted among 120 marketers at ad:tech London last month reveals that many struggle to understand acronyms used by those in the online display ad industry.
Do you know what the acronyms RTB, DSP and SSP refer to? If not, you're not alone.
According to display marketing firm Adform's poll, less than a third (32%) of marketers understand the acronym RTB (real-time bidding), despite a growth of 513% in the buying mechanism in the UK over the past year.
Furthermore, not even one quarter of marketers recognized the term DSP (demand side platform) and few (18%) knew that SSP stands for supply side platform.
"While online display advertising has recently been the subject of great growth, these figures show that the industry is at risk of isolating itself from the rest of the digital marketing industry," says Gustav Mellentin, CEO at Adform, on the company's blog.
"This is concerning, especially when you consider some of the fantastic advances that are coming out of the space. Display specialists need to ensure that acronyms don't get in the way of accessible solutions that help achieve marketing goals and enable advertisers to run better campaigns."
- Studies ID how Millennials are connecting
- Black Friday UK predicted to break £1bn in online sales
- Smaato: Spending on mobile web ads soars
- Study: What consumers really want from loyalty programs
- Top 4 Tips to Manage Relationship Between Developers, Marketers
- Android steadily catching up Apple on opens and clicks in E.U.
- Survey suggests increasing interest in e-gifts
- Referral key way in which marketers find SEO services
Featured White Papers
- Digital Trends 2015
Download the 2015 Digital Trends report, created in partnership with Econsultancy, to see the trends and tools you need to...