News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
British marketers baffled by display advertising acronyms
Do you know your RTB from your SSP? A poll conducted among 120 marketers at ad:tech London last month reveals that many struggle to understand acronyms used by those in the online display ad industry.
Do you know what the acronyms RTB, DSP and SSP refer to? If not, you're not alone.
According to display marketing firm Adform's poll, less than a third (32%) of marketers understand the acronym RTB (real-time bidding), despite a growth of 513% in the buying mechanism in the UK over the past year.
Furthermore, not even one quarter of marketers recognized the term DSP (demand side platform) and few (18%) knew that SSP stands for supply side platform.
"While online display advertising has recently been the subject of great growth, these figures show that the industry is at risk of isolating itself from the rest of the digital marketing industry," says Gustav Mellentin, CEO at Adform, on the company's blog.
"This is concerning, especially when you consider some of the fantastic advances that are coming out of the space. Display specialists need to ensure that acronyms don't get in the way of accessible solutions that help achieve marketing goals and enable advertisers to run better campaigns."
- Report: Online wide open for CPG brands
- Webrooming, Showrooming pushing shopper engagement
- Reports show what worked and didn't over Thanksgiving
- Value of price comparison providers revealed
- Commuters highly engaged and active mobile audience for brands, retailers
- We2 to connect NYC's retailers and consumers via 'social WiFi'
- Consumers rate email as most relevant and accurate of all channels
- Research: Silver surfers feel undervalued by retailers
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...