News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
British marketers baffled by display advertising acronyms
Do you know your RTB from your SSP? A poll conducted among 120 marketers at ad:tech London last month reveals that many struggle to understand acronyms used by those in the online display ad industry.
Do you know what the acronyms RTB, DSP and SSP refer to? If not, you're not alone.
According to display marketing firm Adform's poll, less than a third (32%) of marketers understand the acronym RTB (real-time bidding), despite a growth of 513% in the buying mechanism in the UK over the past year.
Furthermore, not even one quarter of marketers recognized the term DSP (demand side platform) and few (18%) knew that SSP stands for supply side platform.
"While online display advertising has recently been the subject of great growth, these figures show that the industry is at risk of isolating itself from the rest of the digital marketing industry," says Gustav Mellentin, CEO at Adform, on the company's blog.
"This is concerning, especially when you consider some of the fantastic advances that are coming out of the space. Display specialists need to ensure that acronyms don't get in the way of accessible solutions that help achieve marketing goals and enable advertisers to run better campaigns."
- PulsePoint: Content marketing, native future of advertising
- Ad Roundup: Bringing scale to online brands
- Pixalate releases list of top programmatic networks
- How non-profits are succeeding online
- Top retailers failing to meet consumer expectations of personalized comms
- Android ad blocking browser released by Adblock Plus
- How triggered emails can reduce shopping cart abandons
- How to better protect consumers' mobile privacy
Featured White Papers
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...