News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
B2B and B2C social engagement - when's good?
More research has been done to try to refine the days and hours during which consumers and businesses are most engaged with social media. Marketing firm Compendium has just released a new study on when marketers should Tweet or post to LinkedIn.
Compendium studied over 200 companies in terms of when they posted on LinkedIn or Tweeted, how many words they used, the time of day they posted as well as the days of week they were active.
They found that Twitter posts shared between 10am and 2pm were most effective, while Facebook posts were read later in the day, between 3pm and 5pm.
Furthermore, Tweets sent to consumers on Monday and Wednesday worked best while B2B updates worked best on Twitter on Wednesdays and Sunday for LinkedIn.
Interestingly, punctuation had an effect on click-through rates. Both B2B and B2C messages were less likely to be clicked on if a post contained a question mark. By contrast, LinkedIn posts with exclamation marks encouraged more clicks.
"Making small changes to social media content and timing has been shown to make big differences in how effective posts are in engaging and converting customers," said Frank Dale, president and CEO of Compendium.
Earlier this year, Yesmail undertook research to discover the best timings for social media campaigns, with quite different results.
- Study: Mobile users will wait
- SendGrid launches email service
- IAB UK: Fashion retailers perform best in mobile marketing
- Mobile offers, coupons big draw for Dads
- Cardiff University beats prestigious Oxford in online presence stakes
- Report: SMBs missing out on mobile commerce
- Reports: Consumers want television everywhere
- SMBs: The marketplace is getting tougher
Featured White Papers
- 8 Key Plays For Sales Success
Pull ahead of your competition by learning best practices for incorporating these new technologies into your daily sales & marketing...
- How to Drive More Traffic Without Increasing Budget
Counterfeiters are adept at mimicking top brands' digital marketing strategies by building pay per click (PPC) campaigns that exploit both...
- Explain What You Do: How a simple explainer video increased online conversion by 20%
In this case study we examine the explainer video for Inbenta, a natural language processing service operating in a highly...
- 7 Reasons To Consider Responsive Design For Your Companys Next Generation Website
In this white paper, learn the 7 reasons to consider responsive design for your company's next generation website. With the...
- Forrester Report: Digital Customer Experience Trends to Watch 2013
Digital touchpoints support an increasingly large percentage of the overall customer experience. 2012 saw the emergence of several important digital...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Beyond Last Touch: Understanding Campaign Effectiveness
Understanding what drives customers to take action is critical to your advertising investments. However, with a flood of available metrics...