News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
B2B and B2C social engagement - when's good?
More research has been done to try to refine the days and hours during which consumers and businesses are most engaged with social media. Marketing firm Compendium has just released a new study on when marketers should Tweet or post to LinkedIn.
Compendium studied over 200 companies in terms of when they posted on LinkedIn or Tweeted, how many words they used, the time of day they posted as well as the days of week they were active.
They found that Twitter posts shared between 10am and 2pm were most effective, while Facebook posts were read later in the day, between 3pm and 5pm.
Furthermore, Tweets sent to consumers on Monday and Wednesday worked best while B2B updates worked best on Twitter on Wednesdays and Sunday for LinkedIn.
Interestingly, punctuation had an effect on click-through rates. Both B2B and B2C messages were less likely to be clicked on if a post contained a question mark. By contrast, LinkedIn posts with exclamation marks encouraged more clicks.
"Making small changes to social media content and timing has been shown to make big differences in how effective posts are in engaging and converting customers," said Frank Dale, president and CEO of Compendium.
Earlier this year, Yesmail undertook research to discover the best timings for social media campaigns, with quite different results.
- What to expect on the video front in 2014
- How to create a solid A/B testing strategy
- Reports: Brands need strategy for mobile success
- Tapjoy reveals mobile habits of traveling consumers
- Product reviews on Facebook more trusted, influential than on other social media
- Mobile privacy and brand safety remain top challenges for UK media agencies
- Dispop proves the value of custom display ad creative
- Top 5 elements brands should test
Featured White Papers
- 5 Tips for B2B Marketing Data Domination
You work hard to collect your marketing data. But you can collect so much that sometimes it's hard to make...
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...