News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
72% of U.S. teens that own a tablet own an iPad
Apple's slick design and high-end technology isn't just for the well-heeled and professionals. More U.S. teens are favoring iPhones and iPads, according to new research released this week by Piper Jaffray.
The number of teens that own a tablet has increased significantly in the last few months. In Spring 2012, 34% owned a tablet but that figure has already risen to 44%.
Out of 7,700 teens surveyed by Piper Jaffray, of those that owned a tablet, 72% owned an iPad. Furthermore, 74% of those who don't yet have a tablet intend to buy an iPad.
iPhones are also increasing in popularity among teens, despite the costs. Forty percent of teens already own an iPhone, although which model they have is not made clear, and 62% said that the next time their parents fork out for a new smartphone they want an iPhone.
"We believe it is a positive sign for the power of the iPhone among younger users that Apple was able to expand its market share with teens despite no new product launches between our spring and fall 2012 surveys," said Piper Jaffray's Gene Munster in his note to investors on Tuesday.
- Top tips to capitalize on social apps
- Mondays a favorite of fraudsters
- Reports show strong Q3, point to strong Q4
- Mobile Roundup: iOS users converting more, device adoption continues to grow
- Study: Moms looking to tech to track family health
- Study reveals global consumer attitudes to cross-border ecommerce
- Apple Pay, HCE to drive NFC-based contactless payments
- Study finds omnichannel strategy can drive more revenue
Featured White Papers
- Move Beyond Batch and Blast Emails
Like many marketers, you've included email in your marketing mix for years. But while email remains a vital channel, traditional...
- Social Media Pocket Guide
In just a few short years, the world of social media has changed immensely. We'll walk through each of the...