News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
72% of U.S. teens that own a tablet own an iPad
Apple's slick design and high-end technology isn't just for the well-heeled and professionals. More U.S. teens are favoring iPhones and iPads, according to new research released this week by Piper Jaffray.
The number of teens that own a tablet has increased significantly in the last few months. In Spring 2012, 34% owned a tablet but that figure has already risen to 44%.
Out of 7,700 teens surveyed by Piper Jaffray, of those that owned a tablet, 72% owned an iPad. Furthermore, 74% of those who don't yet have a tablet intend to buy an iPad.
iPhones are also increasing in popularity among teens, despite the costs. Forty percent of teens already own an iPhone, although which model they have is not made clear, and 62% said that the next time their parents fork out for a new smartphone they want an iPhone.
"We believe it is a positive sign for the power of the iPhone among younger users that Apple was able to expand its market share with teens despite no new product launches between our spring and fall 2012 surveys," said Piper Jaffray's Gene Munster in his note to investors on Tuesday.
- BrightRoll, Marketron announcements offer more measurement
- Study: SMBs turning to multi-channel to engage
- Gigya: Facebook winning for logins
- Community Q&A: Do you need it? And how to use it
- Study: SMBs bride personal achievement over money
- DMA (UK) poll reveals most 'marketing friendly' social network
- LinkedIn: 300 million connected, 3 billion to go
- Kenshoo: Paid search continues double-digit yearly growth
Featured White Papers
- Learn 5 Ways the Cloud Will Enhance Your Professional Life in 2014
In 2013, we finally understood the cloud. Now we're ready to make the most of it. Online file sharing can...
- Users Hate to Wait: 8 Timely Tips for Speeding Up Your Website
Statistic after statistic shows that even a millisecond delay on your website can prevent you from converting customers, cost a...