News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
72% of U.S. teens that own a tablet own an iPad
Apple's slick design and high-end technology isn't just for the well-heeled and professionals. More U.S. teens are favoring iPhones and iPads, according to new research released this week by Piper Jaffray.
The number of teens that own a tablet has increased significantly in the last few months. In Spring 2012, 34% owned a tablet but that figure has already risen to 44%.
Out of 7,700 teens surveyed by Piper Jaffray, of those that owned a tablet, 72% owned an iPad. Furthermore, 74% of those who don't yet have a tablet intend to buy an iPad.
iPhones are also increasing in popularity among teens, despite the costs. Forty percent of teens already own an iPhone, although which model they have is not made clear, and 62% said that the next time their parents fork out for a new smartphone they want an iPhone.
"We believe it is a positive sign for the power of the iPhone among younger users that Apple was able to expand its market share with teens despite no new product launches between our spring and fall 2012 surveys," said Piper Jaffray's Gene Munster in his note to investors on Tuesday.
- Top 3 social trends to watch in 2015
- Why clicks will regain importance in 2015
- Security concerns cause 23% of consumers to shop less online
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
- Online cash register bells will continue ringing on Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...