News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
72% of U.S. teens that own a tablet own an iPad
Apple's slick design and high-end technology isn't just for the well-heeled and professionals. More U.S. teens are favoring iPhones and iPads, according to new research released this week by Piper Jaffray.
The number of teens that own a tablet has increased significantly in the last few months. In Spring 2012, 34% owned a tablet but that figure has already risen to 44%.
Out of 7,700 teens surveyed by Piper Jaffray, of those that owned a tablet, 72% owned an iPad. Furthermore, 74% of those who don't yet have a tablet intend to buy an iPad.
iPhones are also increasing in popularity among teens, despite the costs. Forty percent of teens already own an iPhone, although which model they have is not made clear, and 62% said that the next time their parents fork out for a new smartphone they want an iPhone.
"We believe it is a positive sign for the power of the iPhone among younger users that Apple was able to expand its market share with teens despite no new product launches between our spring and fall 2012 surveys," said Piper Jaffray's Gene Munster in his note to investors on Tuesday.
- Revenues from tablet games to triple in next five years
- Marketers must react to changing consumer behavior caused by technology
- Facebook launches Event ads to appear in Newsfeeds
- UK: Online Christmas shopping to exceed £13 billion
- Top 3 retail tips to personalize across channels
- Expert Advice: Use in-store techniques to sell online
- Twitter helps agency campaigns take off with Flight School
- Top 3 tips to improve employee productivity
Featured White Papers
- The Truth About Cloud Security
"Security" is the number one issue holding business leaders back from the cloud. But does the reality match the perception?...
- 5 Ways to Personalize Beyond the Subject Line
Many marketers are still using batch and blast tactics for their emails and are often limited in their personalization efforts...
- How to Maximize, Manage, and Measure Organic Search
Organic search delivers high-quality traffic and revenue with a high contribution margin. But organic search is hard, and it's getting...