News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
72% of U.S. teens that own a tablet own an iPad
Apple's slick design and high-end technology isn't just for the well-heeled and professionals. More U.S. teens are favoring iPhones and iPads, according to new research released this week by Piper Jaffray.
The number of teens that own a tablet has increased significantly in the last few months. In Spring 2012, 34% owned a tablet but that figure has already risen to 44%.
Out of 7,700 teens surveyed by Piper Jaffray, of those that owned a tablet, 72% owned an iPad. Furthermore, 74% of those who don't yet have a tablet intend to buy an iPad.
iPhones are also increasing in popularity among teens, despite the costs. Forty percent of teens already own an iPhone, although which model they have is not made clear, and 62% said that the next time their parents fork out for a new smartphone they want an iPhone.
"We believe it is a positive sign for the power of the iPhone among younger users that Apple was able to expand its market share with teens despite no new product launches between our spring and fall 2012 surveys," said Piper Jaffray's Gene Munster in his note to investors on Tuesday.
- Top 3 tips for effective native ad campaigns
- Top 3 email tips for the 2014 holidays
- Study: 3/4 will use phones for holiday shopping
- Studies: Shoppers want connection
- Brands: What to prep now for Thanksgiving Weekend
- Would your website earn Google's mobile-friendly label?
- Third of UK online retailers are not ready for the Christmas rush
- Study: Consumers find driving need to be always on
Featured White Papers
- Definitive Guide to Marketing Metrics and Analytics
Download this 70-page, all-encompassing guide to learn the right metrics for understanding and interpreting marketing results, why measuring marketing programs...
- From Average to Elite: 7 Secrets of Today's Top Marketers
Marketing is more chaotic than ever. Pleasing multiple stakeholders, juggling random request inputs and collecting meaningful data from project teams...
- Marketing Attribution in the New World
We all know that consumers generally do not convert after seeing just one advertisement. How do we decide which campaign...