News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Which US cities most likely to look online for savings?
When it comes to being frugal, do you know where your retail customers are looking? New data from ShopAtHome highlights in which areas of the US shoppers are going online to look for sales, coupons and other discounts. Here's how the country breaks down when it comes to being frugal:
First, ShopAtHome found Michigan, where a large number of auto-workers are still out of work, may be one of the state's hardest hit by the recession, but those shoppers aren't looking online for coupons. In fact, Flint, MI ranks 73rd for online coupon use while Detroit is ranked 212th. Also unlikely to look online for deals: residents in Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas and Louisiana. California, meanwhile, has eight of the least frugal cities in the America.
On the other hand, Florida has four of the top 25 cities using online coupons. New England may have the largest number of digital-saving consumers, this region has the top four coupon-using states.
What can this kind of information offer online retailers? Actually, whether online or offline, retailers using this type of information will know where their 'saving minded' ads should be placed. With eight of the least-frugal cities, California might not be the place to advertise Buy 1 Get 1 Free deals on tees or coffee drinks, however, residents in New England might jump all over Buy 1 Get 1 deals advertised online - and if they come in once and have a good experience they may come in again.
Knowing where shoppers are most likely to look for savings can help retailers and other brands push more sales - because even at a discount, more people buying, sharing and touting products is increasing revenue.
- European silver surfers' media consumption moving online
- Social sharing call-to-action in digital ads drives consumer interaction
- Google Play in-app sales rise 700% YoY
- comScore: Desktop spending up 13% YoY
- Report: More ad dollars to focus on branded content
- Ads on YouTube grow but TV ads considered more effective
- Online preferred shopping environment of affluent consumers
- Top 3 tips to improve webrooming abilities
Featured White Papers
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...