News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Want to engage affluents? Try the younger generation.
According to a recent study from Ipsos MediaCT, targeting affluents these days is less about the Baby Boomer generation than the Millennial generation. According to the data one in five adults in 'affluent' households is from the Millennial or Generation X demographic.
And, if your targeting them, be sure to look at print. The study further finds that although into mobile, these consumers are likely to be reading hard-copy versions of newspapers and magazines. Some interesting takeaways include:
• 82% of Affluents surveyed read one of the 150 'measured and reported' publications - newspapers, magazines
• 59 million of these read 18.7 issues across 8.2 titles (averaged)
• "Ultra Affluents" (earning more than $250,000/household) read 25% more print media
"Looking specifically at the 24% of Affluents who read at least one of the six national daily newspapers measured in hard copy form, the total AIA increased by 3.9%, to 11.3 million," said Steve Kraus, Chief Research & Insights Officer for Ipsos MediaCT's Audience Measurement Group. "Readership incidence of these newspapers is also significantly higher among Ultra Affluents, reaffirming the continued need for an informed, in-depth daily "news fix" among this highly-engaged segment."
As for the types of ads most likely to engage affluents - television still wins. TV ads were found to have the most reach, followed by magazines. Over half (60%) said they spent time listening to radio in the week prior to the survey.
As for the digital space, interest is high. More than one-quarter own a tablet, more than half own a smartphone and while mobile these consumers are playing games (68%), checking the weather (62%) and using social media apps (45%); about 40% are using ebook readers/apps.
- Mobile privacy and brand safety remain top challenges for UK media agencies
- Dispop proves the value of custom display ad creative
- Top 5 elements brands should test
- How to reduce the bounce
- Poor in-store service pushes festive shoppers online
- Why brands need more than CPM based metrics
- Reports show personalization impacts brand advertising
- Why brands should mine holiday data for new year performance
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...