News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Video, relevancy important for mobile consumers
When it comes to mobile, relevant content and video are helping some brands become more relevant. According to data from Invodo mobile device traffic is still only about 5% of their volume but mobile viewers account for nearly 15% of video views.
Meanwhile, it seems it isn't just consumers who are engaging with business via mobile. A new infographic from Brainshark shows 89% of business travelers are using iPads for business and 74% have used the iPad to deliver a presentation. About half of iPad users say the tablet will become their primary 'computer' in the next few years.
Other interesting findings:
• 73% have used an iPad in the car
• 92% have used an iPad on vacation
• 17% during a date
• 34% while naked
Much of that mobile content consumption may well be video. According to a recent Invodo survey video can enhance mobile commerce. According to the report:
• Mobile traffic is 3 times more likely to view video than desktop/laptop users
• 60% of the top performing Invodo sites are optimized for mobile
• Mobile viewers were 97% more likely to add an item to the cart
• Mobile viewers were 25% more likely complete a transaction
Meanwhile, according to August data released from Velti, Android continues to gain on Apple's iOS when it comes to ad impressions; Apple holds a 58% market share within Velti's platform.
"This is the first time we've seen Android net gains in two consecutive months, and it's a drastic turnaround from the beginning of the year when Apple continued to soar," said Krishna Subramanian, CMO of Velti. "But we also think the iPhone 5 is a game changer, within 6 months, iPhone 5 will likely become one of the top 5 devices on the exchange."
Researchers predict that iPhone 5 will be rapidly adopted and could account for about 25% of ad impressions within iOS within the next six months.
iPhone 5, the rumored iPad Mini and new releases planned for the Android market are pushing more consumers into the mobile space. And mobile ad hubs and businesses are eagerly converting their spaces to help better engage.
For example, Spotzot has released SpotAds, geared for retailer and e-tailers to drive in-store and online sales leads. SpotAds are available in exclusive and non-exclusive formats, so that merchants can advertise without fear of competing ads. The ads convert the most relevant merchandise into catalogs of offers based on categories and price and can include buying incentives like coupons, store information and deep links to ecommerce sites.
- Consumers, like many marketers, don't know what native advertising is
- Travel: Paid search spend continues downward trend
- Why developers need to test apps
- Unruly: SocNetters buzz about getting buzzed
- Survey: Friends, not search, pushing mobile video
- Release leaves power of the brand with the brand
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
Featured White Papers
- The Promise of Marketing Operations Management
How can marketers keep pace with the ever-expanding volume of campaigns, customized offers, contact channels and product claims? More than...
- 54 Examples of Brilliant Homepage Design
For any given company, the homepage is its virtual front door - and face to the world. If a new...
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...