News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Video, relevancy important for mobile consumers
When it comes to mobile, relevant content and video are helping some brands become more relevant. According to data from Invodo mobile device traffic is still only about 5% of their volume but mobile viewers account for nearly 15% of video views.
Meanwhile, it seems it isn't just consumers who are engaging with business via mobile. A new infographic from Brainshark shows 89% of business travelers are using iPads for business and 74% have used the iPad to deliver a presentation. About half of iPad users say the tablet will become their primary 'computer' in the next few years.
Other interesting findings:
• 73% have used an iPad in the car
• 92% have used an iPad on vacation
• 17% during a date
• 34% while naked
Much of that mobile content consumption may well be video. According to a recent Invodo survey video can enhance mobile commerce. According to the report:
• Mobile traffic is 3 times more likely to view video than desktop/laptop users
• 60% of the top performing Invodo sites are optimized for mobile
• Mobile viewers were 97% more likely to add an item to the cart
• Mobile viewers were 25% more likely complete a transaction
Meanwhile, according to August data released from Velti, Android continues to gain on Apple's iOS when it comes to ad impressions; Apple holds a 58% market share within Velti's platform.
"This is the first time we've seen Android net gains in two consecutive months, and it's a drastic turnaround from the beginning of the year when Apple continued to soar," said Krishna Subramanian, CMO of Velti. "But we also think the iPhone 5 is a game changer, within 6 months, iPhone 5 will likely become one of the top 5 devices on the exchange."
Researchers predict that iPhone 5 will be rapidly adopted and could account for about 25% of ad impressions within iOS within the next six months.
iPhone 5, the rumored iPad Mini and new releases planned for the Android market are pushing more consumers into the mobile space. And mobile ad hubs and businesses are eagerly converting their spaces to help better engage.
For example, Spotzot has released SpotAds, geared for retailer and e-tailers to drive in-store and online sales leads. SpotAds are available in exclusive and non-exclusive formats, so that merchants can advertise without fear of competing ads. The ads convert the most relevant merchandise into catalogs of offers based on categories and price and can include buying incentives like coupons, store information and deep links to ecommerce sites.
- Value of price comparison providers revealed
- Commuters highly engaged and active mobile audience for brands, retailers
- We2 to connect NYC's retailers and consumers via 'social WiFi'
- Consumers rate email as most relevant and accurate of all channels
- Research: Silver surfers feel undervalued by retailers
- Global PC sales fall for sixth consecutive quarter
- Releases evaluate content, make file sharing simpler
- Responsys: Mobile pushing conversions
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...