News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Twitter users say it with photos
They say a picture is worth a thousand words. According to Diffbot, on the platform where text is limited to just 140 characters, photos are now the most commonly shared content.
In a world where most people carry around a camera of some type images are becoming a popular way of getting across a message. Even on Twitter, where text is limited to just 140 characters, images are now the most commonly shared content.
When web analysis firm Diffbot looked at 750,000 links posted to Twitter worldwide they found that, by a long shot, the most popular shared content was images (35%). This is way more than articles (16%) or videos (9%).
Other linked content was:
Product - 8%
Site Homepage/Status - 7% e
Page error - 7%
Other - 9%
Diffbot's analysis reveals that most (40%) of shared photos are direct from Twitter, followed by 15% that originate via Instagram. Twitpic accounted for only 7% of shared photos.
YouTube was the most popular video-sharing site (60%), followed by Twitcam (9%).
- Cardiff University beats prestigious Oxford in online presence stakes
- Report: SMBs missing out on mobile commerce
- Reports: Consumers want television everywhere
- SMBs: The marketplace is getting tougher
- Platforms hope to push interactivity
- How password security is changing ecommerce
- Gracenote releases video APIs
- Enhanced data, engagement behind 3 new releases
Featured White Papers
- How to Drive More Traffic Without Increasing Budget
Counterfeiters are adept at mimicking top brands' digital marketing strategies by building pay per click (PPC) campaigns that exploit both...
- Explain What You Do: How a simple explainer video increased online conversion by 20%
In this case study we examine the explainer video for Inbenta, a natural language processing service operating in a highly...
- 7 Reasons To Consider Responsive Design For Your Companys Next Generation Website
In this white paper, learn the 7 reasons to consider responsive design for your company's next generation website. With the...
- Forrester Report: Digital Customer Experience Trends to Watch 2013
Digital touchpoints support an increasingly large percentage of the overall customer experience. 2012 saw the emergence of several important digital...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Beyond Last Touch: Understanding Campaign Effectiveness
Understanding what drives customers to take action is critical to your advertising investments. However, with a flood of available metrics...
- Display Ad Clickers Are Not Your Customers
Relying on clicks to drive conversions for display advertising is often a dead end. Consumers most likely to click on...