News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Twitter mobile revenues exceed Facebook's - but not for long
A recent survey from research firm eMarketer reveals Twitter has overtaken social network behemoth Facebook in terms of mobile ad revenue in the U.S.
According to eMarketer, Twitter will achieve $129.7 million in mobile ad revenues in 2012. Meanwhile Facebook, which only entered into the realm of mobile ads this year, will come in at just over half of Twitter's revenues with $72.7.
Facebook continues to earn most of its ad revenues from desktop ads, but has recently made moves into the mobile ad space. Earlier this year, Facebook launched ad options that allowed advertisers to appear in newsfeeds on the social network's app.
This move into mobile will ensure Facebook's rise above Twitter come 2014, predicts eMarketer. By that time it is estimated that Facebook will earn $629.4 million compared to $444.1 million by Twitter.
However, Facebook has a long way to go to rise above current mobile ad revenue leader Google which brought in $1,423.1 million in mobile ad revenue for 2012.
According to eMarketer, "The increasing focus on mobile by both Twitter and Facebook, as well as other major digital advertising publishers, will contribute to growth in the overall US mobile advertising market, which eMarketer estimates will reach $2.61 billion this year. By 2016, the US mobile advertising market is expected to near $12 billion."
- Nearly half of consumers believe mobile marketing messages are irrelevant, useless
- Bazaarvoice points the way to authentic reviews
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
- Long? Short? Which headline length generates the most click-throughs?
- comScore: U.S. smartphone ownership reaches all-time high
- UK retail websites struggled to cope with Cyber Monday traffic peaks
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...