News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Twitter mobile revenues exceed Facebook's - but not for long
A recent survey from research firm eMarketer reveals Twitter has overtaken social network behemoth Facebook in terms of mobile ad revenue in the U.S.
According to eMarketer, Twitter will achieve $129.7 million in mobile ad revenues in 2012. Meanwhile Facebook, which only entered into the realm of mobile ads this year, will come in at just over half of Twitter's revenues with $72.7.
Facebook continues to earn most of its ad revenues from desktop ads, but has recently made moves into the mobile ad space. Earlier this year, Facebook launched ad options that allowed advertisers to appear in newsfeeds on the social network's app.
This move into mobile will ensure Facebook's rise above Twitter come 2014, predicts eMarketer. By that time it is estimated that Facebook will earn $629.4 million compared to $444.1 million by Twitter.
However, Facebook has a long way to go to rise above current mobile ad revenue leader Google which brought in $1,423.1 million in mobile ad revenue for 2012.
According to eMarketer, "The increasing focus on mobile by both Twitter and Facebook, as well as other major digital advertising publishers, will contribute to growth in the overall US mobile advertising market, which eMarketer estimates will reach $2.61 billion this year. By 2016, the US mobile advertising market is expected to near $12 billion."
- Release makes push notifications actionable
- Early results show skipping ads improves engagement
- Top 3 tips to better personalize online campaigns
- Pinterest gives businesses a deeper peek into their Pinners
- Parents give retailers advice on making back-to-school shopping more bearable
- Study reveals impact of mobile use on Japanese students' grades
- Poll: SMB owners voting out incumbents
- How to improve worker productivity
Featured White Papers
- How to Maximize, Manage, and Measure Organic Search
Organic search delivers high-quality traffic and revenue with a high contribution margin. But organic search is hard, and it's getting...
- Ready, Set, Send: Marketing Automation and the Customer Lifecycle
Much like running a marathon, building a successful marketing program takes dedication, patience, training and a lot of stamina. These...