News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Twitter mobile revenues exceed Facebook's - but not for long
A recent survey from research firm eMarketer reveals Twitter has overtaken social network behemoth Facebook in terms of mobile ad revenue in the U.S.
According to eMarketer, Twitter will achieve $129.7 million in mobile ad revenues in 2012. Meanwhile Facebook, which only entered into the realm of mobile ads this year, will come in at just over half of Twitter's revenues with $72.7.
Facebook continues to earn most of its ad revenues from desktop ads, but has recently made moves into the mobile ad space. Earlier this year, Facebook launched ad options that allowed advertisers to appear in newsfeeds on the social network's app.
This move into mobile will ensure Facebook's rise above Twitter come 2014, predicts eMarketer. By that time it is estimated that Facebook will earn $629.4 million compared to $444.1 million by Twitter.
However, Facebook has a long way to go to rise above current mobile ad revenue leader Google which brought in $1,423.1 million in mobile ad revenue for 2012.
According to eMarketer, "The increasing focus on mobile by both Twitter and Facebook, as well as other major digital advertising publishers, will contribute to growth in the overall US mobile advertising market, which eMarketer estimates will reach $2.61 billion this year. By 2016, the US mobile advertising market is expected to near $12 billion."
- Expert: How subscriptions are driving retail
- Report: US small businesses pushing international
- Top 3 tips for enterprises to enter the cloud
- Time watching TV remains the same, but different
- Optimove integration allows targeted campaigns via Google Ads
- Brands: How speech analytics can work for you
- Study reveals SMBs don't know credit scores
- Expert: How ad blocking can work for brands
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...
- Key Tools for Engagement Marketing
Dig into the concept of digital marketing and how to be successful in today's modern, complex business landscape...