News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Twitter launches targeting tool for advertisers
Twitter is helping advertisers reach more users with the launch of a tool allowing ads to be targeted by many different interest categories.
As part of Twitter's efforts to sell more ads, and turn its audience into income, the microblogging social platform has launched a new tool that can target its 140 million users with Promoted Tweets and Promoted Accounts, based on interests.
Until now, advertisers were only able to target ads to users that they Followed, limiting potential reach.
According to Twitter's blog announcement, "There are two flavors of interest targeting. For broader reach, you can target more than 350 interest categories, ranging from Education to Home and Garden to Investing to Soccer, as shown in the screenshot below. As an example, if you were promoting a new animated film about dogs, you could select Animation (under Movies and Television), Cartoons (under Hobbies and Interests), and Dogs (under Pets)."
Along with the roll-out of interest targeting, Twitter also dropped the minimum bid to just one cent.
"We believe the new lower minimum bid, in combination with interest targeting, will drive greater ROI for every campaign on Twitter," said Twitter's Kevin Weil on the company's blog.
- Forecast: More to invest in multi-screen ads
- Forrester: Mobile social users more engaged, share more
- Top 3 tips for SMBs using webinars
- Air passengers demand constant connectivity and fast in-flight Wi-Fi
- Power Users + Loyal Users = App Stickiness
- Shareaholic: Quarter of website traffic driven by Facebook
- B2B firms struggling with content marketing
- Brands piggy-backing on major events not guaranteed success
Featured White Papers
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...