News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Twitter launches targeting tool for advertisers
Twitter is helping advertisers reach more users with the launch of a tool allowing ads to be targeted by many different interest categories.
As part of Twitter's efforts to sell more ads, and turn its audience into income, the microblogging social platform has launched a new tool that can target its 140 million users with Promoted Tweets and Promoted Accounts, based on interests.
Until now, advertisers were only able to target ads to users that they Followed, limiting potential reach.
According to Twitter's blog announcement, "There are two flavors of interest targeting. For broader reach, you can target more than 350 interest categories, ranging from Education to Home and Garden to Investing to Soccer, as shown in the screenshot below. As an example, if you were promoting a new animated film about dogs, you could select Animation (under Movies and Television), Cartoons (under Hobbies and Interests), and Dogs (under Pets)."
Along with the roll-out of interest targeting, Twitter also dropped the minimum bid to just one cent.
"We believe the new lower minimum bid, in combination with interest targeting, will drive greater ROI for every campaign on Twitter," said Twitter's Kevin Weil on the company's blog.
- How to get past personas and into consumers' interests
- European Commission forces Google, Apple to make users aware of 'true cost' of an app
- Top 3 tips to improve seasonal marketing plans
- Research: Social media users less likely to post positively about their favorite products
- Twitter preps for new generation of commerce experiences
- iBeacon firm offers free hardware and installation to UK retailers
- Swrve: Report reveals one third of apps get only one minute of attention
- Facebook trials 'Buy' button within advertisers' posts and ads
Featured White Papers
- Everything You Need to Know About Social Media for Your Business
While social media practitioners must continue to expect and adapt to change, it is important to take note of the...