News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Traditional banner ads 'not up to standard', say consumers
Rich media ads are three times more effective, according to Adform's latest Quarterly Media Barometer report, as Internet users become 'desensitized' to traditional display ad formats.
Adform's latest report analyzed over 90 billion ad impressions across 18 countries. It revealed that Internet users are three times more likely to click on a rich media ad than traditional banner ads.
Between the first and second quarters of this year, the time consumers spent engaging with rich media ads went up by a massive 74%. At the same time, online video advertising playtime increased by 6%.
To increase interaction with online campaigns, advertisers much recognize the importance of rich media and realize that traditional banner ads are considered by users to be old-hat and 'not up to standard'.
"Taking a scatter gun approach to online advertising is no longer effective, with consumers switching off to ads which offer no creativity or relevance to them," says Gustav Mellentin, CEO of Adform. "In order to achieve higher levels of engagement, a targeted approach which uses both traditional and rich media solutions is necessary."
- Expert: How to reconnect customers
- Fiksu launches mobile audience platform
- Ad Roundup: Solutions for mobile, online reach
- Imbalanced approach to social means consumers left waiting for response
- Reports show upswing for connected TV, downswing for pay
- Study: Smartphone viewers more likely to click
- How technology can improve the classroom
- Campaign launched to increase awareness of role of ads in funding free online editorial
Featured White Papers
- B2B Marketing Automation Platforms 2015: A Marketer's Guide
This report was prepared by conducting in-depth interviews with leading vendors and industry experts....
- Why Marketing Should Be Personal
Read our report, Why Marketing Should be Personal, created in partnership with Econsultancy, to learn why 700 marketers ranked personalization...
- Digital Trends 2015
Download the 2015 Digital Trends report, created in partnership with Econsultancy, to see the trends and tools you need to...