News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Traditional banner ads 'not up to standard', say consumers
Rich media ads are three times more effective, according to Adform's latest Quarterly Media Barometer report, as Internet users become 'desensitized' to traditional display ad formats.
Adform's latest report analyzed over 90 billion ad impressions across 18 countries. It revealed that Internet users are three times more likely to click on a rich media ad than traditional banner ads.
Between the first and second quarters of this year, the time consumers spent engaging with rich media ads went up by a massive 74%. At the same time, online video advertising playtime increased by 6%.
To increase interaction with online campaigns, advertisers much recognize the importance of rich media and realize that traditional banner ads are considered by users to be old-hat and 'not up to standard'.
"Taking a scatter gun approach to online advertising is no longer effective, with consumers switching off to ads which offer no creativity or relevance to them," says Gustav Mellentin, CEO of Adform. "In order to achieve higher levels of engagement, a targeted approach which uses both traditional and rich media solutions is necessary."
- Facebook enables ad targeting by connection speed
- UK: Lousy public holiday weather drives take-out food search surge
- Release makes push notifications actionable
- Early results show skipping ads improves engagement
- Top 3 tips to better personalize online campaigns
- Pinterest gives businesses a deeper peek into their Pinners
- Parents give retailers advice on making back-to-school shopping more bearable
- Study reveals impact of mobile use on Japanese students' grades
Featured White Papers
- How to Maximize, Manage, and Measure Organic Search
Organic search delivers high-quality traffic and revenue with a high contribution margin. But organic search is hard, and it's getting...
- Ready, Set, Send: Marketing Automation and the Customer Lifecycle
Much like running a marathon, building a successful marketing program takes dedication, patience, training and a lot of stamina. These...