News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Traditional banner ads 'not up to standard', say consumers
Rich media ads are three times more effective, according to Adform's latest Quarterly Media Barometer report, as Internet users become 'desensitized' to traditional display ad formats.
Adform's latest report analyzed over 90 billion ad impressions across 18 countries. It revealed that Internet users are three times more likely to click on a rich media ad than traditional banner ads.
Between the first and second quarters of this year, the time consumers spent engaging with rich media ads went up by a massive 74%. At the same time, online video advertising playtime increased by 6%.
To increase interaction with online campaigns, advertisers much recognize the importance of rich media and realize that traditional banner ads are considered by users to be old-hat and 'not up to standard'.
"Taking a scatter gun approach to online advertising is no longer effective, with consumers switching off to ads which offer no creativity or relevance to them," says Gustav Mellentin, CEO of Adform. "In order to achieve higher levels of engagement, a targeted approach which uses both traditional and rich media solutions is necessary."
- BrightRoll, Marketron announcements offer more measurement
- Study: SMBs turning to multi-channel to engage
- Gigya: Facebook winning for logins
- Community Q&A: Do you need it? And how to use it
- Study: SMBs bride personal achievement over money
- DMA (UK) poll reveals most 'marketing friendly' social network
- LinkedIn: 300 million connected, 3 billion to go
- Kenshoo: Paid search continues double-digit yearly growth
Featured White Papers
- Learn 5 Ways the Cloud Will Enhance Your Professional Life in 2014
In 2013, we finally understood the cloud. Now we're ready to make the most of it. Online file sharing can...
- Users Hate to Wait: 8 Timely Tips for Speeding Up Your Website
Statistic after statistic shows that even a millisecond delay on your website can prevent you from converting customers, cost a...