News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Traditional banner ads 'not up to standard', say consumers
Rich media ads are three times more effective, according to Adform's latest Quarterly Media Barometer report, as Internet users become 'desensitized' to traditional display ad formats.
Adform's latest report analyzed over 90 billion ad impressions across 18 countries. It revealed that Internet users are three times more likely to click on a rich media ad than traditional banner ads.
Between the first and second quarters of this year, the time consumers spent engaging with rich media ads went up by a massive 74%. At the same time, online video advertising playtime increased by 6%.
To increase interaction with online campaigns, advertisers much recognize the importance of rich media and realize that traditional banner ads are considered by users to be old-hat and 'not up to standard'.
"Taking a scatter gun approach to online advertising is no longer effective, with consumers switching off to ads which offer no creativity or relevance to them," says Gustav Mellentin, CEO of Adform. "In order to achieve higher levels of engagement, a targeted approach which uses both traditional and rich media solutions is necessary."
- Survey: A little research goes a long way for salespeople
- Mobile Roundup: Payment options, partnerships announced
- Top 5 tips for overworked SMBs
- What did Facebook's inactive account purge do to fan counts?
- TV, radio continue to be most popular media channels
- Ad Roundup: Tools to help SMBs connect, target
- Forecast: Mobile ads to overtake desktop ads
- 29% of Millennials never read print newspapers
Featured White Papers