News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Tablet users conduct 3x more mobile searches than smartphone users
New figures released by Juniper Research reveal that global advertising spend on mobile web search will be three times this year's total investment come 2017, driven by the continued adoption of high-usage tablets.
Four billion dollars will be spent globally on mobile web search advertising this year. In 2017 that figure is predicted to reach $12 billion, according to Juniper Research.
Tablets, or high-usage tablets as Juniper refers to them, will be behind the growth. Their larger screen size makes it easier for searches to be conducted, coupled with the fact that tablets are used for longer periods at a time at home or at work.
The report also reveals that tablet users on average make around three times as many queries as smartphone owners, and ten times the number made by users of other handsets.
Juniper estimates the number of high-usage tablets in use by 2017 will be 672 million.
According to Juniper's latest "Mobile Search and Discovery" report, "While search engine providers will reap the rewards of booming mobile web search usage, brands advertising in this space need to ensure their websites are optimized for mobile clicks. Juniper's report notes that if poor user experience ultimately prevent consumers from going on to make a purchase, ad spend is wasted."
- App Store hits 50 billion milestone, Google Play not far behind
- IBM: Mother's Day shopping goes mobile
- Service industry occupations not safe from technology
- How webrooming is taking over ecommerce
- Report: Strong digital presence key to success
- Report: SMBs falling behind in tech
- Mobile the boost loyalty programs need
- British Land: UK retail stores must adapt or die
Featured White Papers
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...