News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Tablet users conduct 3x more mobile searches than smartphone users
New figures released by Juniper Research reveal that global advertising spend on mobile web search will be three times this year's total investment come 2017, driven by the continued adoption of high-usage tablets.
Four billion dollars will be spent globally on mobile web search advertising this year. In 2017 that figure is predicted to reach $12 billion, according to Juniper Research.
Tablets, or high-usage tablets as Juniper refers to them, will be behind the growth. Their larger screen size makes it easier for searches to be conducted, coupled with the fact that tablets are used for longer periods at a time at home or at work.
The report also reveals that tablet users on average make around three times as many queries as smartphone owners, and ten times the number made by users of other handsets.
Juniper estimates the number of high-usage tablets in use by 2017 will be 672 million.
According to Juniper's latest "Mobile Search and Discovery" report, "While search engine providers will reap the rewards of booming mobile web search usage, brands advertising in this space need to ensure their websites are optimized for mobile clicks. Juniper's report notes that if poor user experience ultimately prevent consumers from going on to make a purchase, ad spend is wasted."
- Commuters highly engaged and active mobile audience for brands, retailers
- We2 to connect NYC's retailers and consumers via 'social WiFi'
- Consumers rate email as most relevant and accurate of all channels
- Research: Silver surfers feel undervalued by retailers
- Global PC sales fall for sixth consecutive quarter
- Releases evaluate content, make file sharing simpler
- Responsys: Mobile pushing conversions
- How to build loyalty through games
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...