News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Tablet users conduct 3x more mobile searches than smartphone users
New figures released by Juniper Research reveal that global advertising spend on mobile web search will be three times this year's total investment come 2017, driven by the continued adoption of high-usage tablets.
Four billion dollars will be spent globally on mobile web search advertising this year. In 2017 that figure is predicted to reach $12 billion, according to Juniper Research.
Tablets, or high-usage tablets as Juniper refers to them, will be behind the growth. Their larger screen size makes it easier for searches to be conducted, coupled with the fact that tablets are used for longer periods at a time at home or at work.
The report also reveals that tablet users on average make around three times as many queries as smartphone owners, and ten times the number made by users of other handsets.
Juniper estimates the number of high-usage tablets in use by 2017 will be 672 million.
According to Juniper's latest "Mobile Search and Discovery" report, "While search engine providers will reap the rewards of booming mobile web search usage, brands advertising in this space need to ensure their websites are optimized for mobile clicks. Juniper's report notes that if poor user experience ultimately prevent consumers from going on to make a purchase, ad spend is wasted."
- European silver surfers' media consumption moving online
- Social sharing call-to-action in digital ads drives consumer interaction
- Google Play in-app sales rise 700% YoY
- comScore: Desktop spending up 13% YoY
- Report: More ad dollars to focus on branded content
- Ads on YouTube grow but TV ads considered more effective
- Online preferred shopping environment of affluent consumers
- Top 3 tips to improve webrooming abilities
Featured White Papers
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...