News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Surveys: SMBs looking Republican, most voters looking mobile
The 2012 Election cycle isn't just making headlines because of the debates between the Republican and Democratic tickets. It's making headlines because of the way the general public is engaging and passing on issue information. One of the biggest changes to election year's past: the mobile connection. Nearly half of those polled in one survey reported getting most of their election data from mobile outlets.
Data from Stitcher Radio finds a majority of mobile consumers would vote via mobile if given that option. Their research shows about 41% of smartphone and tablet consumers are already accessing election information via mobile with more than one-third of Democrats receiving 'most' of their election news and information through the medium.
"While we expected people would be using mobile devices more this election cycle, the fact that mobile is already eclipsing more traditional outlets as a primary way to follow the candidates and election news is surprising," said Noah Shanok, CEO of Stitcher. "People clearly want their information on the go and apps like Stitcher are making it easy to stay current with the most important election news. While 2008 may have been the year of social media, this is certainly the year of the app."
A strong 60% of those surveyed said they would vote via mobile app or text message if given the option.
Meanwhile, where businesses are concerned, SMBs continue to look to the Republican ticket for answers. A survey from Wave Accounting found over half of small businesses polled believed the Romney/Ryan (R) ticket would benefit them more than the Obama/Biden (D) ticket. Those in favor of a Republican win cite lessened government as the key while those supporting the Democratic ticket say improved health care options are pushing them to the Left side of the ticket.
- What to expect on the video front in 2014
- How to create a solid A/B testing strategy
- Reports: Brands need strategy for mobile success
- Tapjoy reveals mobile habits of traveling consumers
- Product reviews on Facebook more trusted, influential than on other social media
- Mobile privacy and brand safety remain top challenges for UK media agencies
- Dispop proves the value of custom display ad creative
- Top 5 elements brands should test
Featured White Papers
- How-to Guide to Online Customer Community Technologies
This Gleansight benchmark report explores what community experiences offer the greatest value to businesses. It looks at what technologies, processes...
- 5 Tips for B2B Marketing Data Domination
You work hard to collect your marketing data. But you can collect so much that sometimes it's hard to make...
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...