News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: SMBs want government transparency
With just over one month until the 2012 Presidential Election in the US, campaigns are heating up, commercials are becoming more focused and messages are being tweaked. But that may not be enough, at least where small businesses are concerned. According to a recent Thumbtack survey small businesses want governmental honesty and ethics more than anything else this election period.
According to a new study from Thumbtack and the George Washington University Graduate School of Political Management, the economy and ethics in government as two of the most important election year issues for small businesses. According to the survey small business owners are worried about gas costs and continuing issues with lending, but government honesty - ethics - is the second most worrisome issue.
"Small businesses are deeply attuned to the effect of politics on job creation and the economy," said Dr. David Rehr, a lead researcher on the study with the George Washington University's Graduate School of Political Management. "Entrepreneurs are feeling squeezed by the tight lending environment and want their political leaders to curb the influence of money in politics."
"Six thousand small business owners have told an unusually nuanced story about the factors that drive their political decisions," said Sander Daniels, co-founder of Thumbtack.com. "When job creators speak, we need to listen."
Some interesting takeaways include:
• 40% of SMB owners say nationwide economy and jobs are the most important factor in their voting choices
• 3% report taxes will swing their vote
• SMBs say gas costs are the 'most burdensome' cost to them
• 39% believe President Obama is most supportive of SMBs, 31% say Governor Romney is the most supportive
- Nearly half of consumers believe mobile marketing messages are irrelevant, useless
- Bazaarvoice points the way to authentic reviews
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
- Long? Short? Which headline length generates the most click-throughs?
- comScore: U.S. smartphone ownership reaches all-time high
- UK retail websites struggled to cope with Cyber Monday traffic peaks
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...