News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: SMBs want government transparency
With just over one month until the 2012 Presidential Election in the US, campaigns are heating up, commercials are becoming more focused and messages are being tweaked. But that may not be enough, at least where small businesses are concerned. According to a recent Thumbtack survey small businesses want governmental honesty and ethics more than anything else this election period.
According to a new study from Thumbtack and the George Washington University Graduate School of Political Management, the economy and ethics in government as two of the most important election year issues for small businesses. According to the survey small business owners are worried about gas costs and continuing issues with lending, but government honesty - ethics - is the second most worrisome issue.
"Small businesses are deeply attuned to the effect of politics on job creation and the economy," said Dr. David Rehr, a lead researcher on the study with the George Washington University's Graduate School of Political Management. "Entrepreneurs are feeling squeezed by the tight lending environment and want their political leaders to curb the influence of money in politics."
"Six thousand small business owners have told an unusually nuanced story about the factors that drive their political decisions," said Sander Daniels, co-founder of Thumbtack.com. "When job creators speak, we need to listen."
Some interesting takeaways include:
• 40% of SMB owners say nationwide economy and jobs are the most important factor in their voting choices
• 3% report taxes will swing their vote
• SMBs say gas costs are the 'most burdensome' cost to them
• 39% believe President Obama is most supportive of SMBs, 31% say Governor Romney is the most supportive
- Tapjoy: Ad engagements preferred by mobiles
- European silver surfers' media consumption moving online
- Social sharing call-to-action in digital ads drives consumer interaction
- Google Play in-app sales rise 700% YoY
- comScore: Desktop spending up 13% YoY
- Report: More ad dollars to focus on branded content
- Ads on YouTube grow but TV ads considered more effective
- Online preferred shopping environment of affluent consumers
Featured White Papers
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...