News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: SMBs not mobilly optimized
In the mobile space viewability is key, but a new survey from vSplash finds many small businesses not only aren't optimizing their sites for mobile, they're also leaving important information off their homepages.
According to the vSplash SMB DigitalScape report most (98%) of small business websites aren't optimized for mobile viewing. With more consumers in the mobile space and new mobile devices launching this is a potentially big problem for businesses who need to engage and convert more shoppers.
"Some experts are predicting smartphones and tablets will account for around one-third of all website visits this coming holiday shopping season," said Umesh Tibrewal, CEO, vSplash. "According to our current data, nearly all SMBs will be challenged to capitalize on this mobile commerce opportunity due to their incompatible websites."
Some interesting takeaways from the report include:
• 44% of SMB homepages don't include phone numbers
• 78% don't include Facebook links
One new options in the mobile space should help mobile businesses - both small and large - better compete.
From BrightRoll a real time bidding solution for mobile video. Now available through the BrightRoll Exchange a real time bidding option for mobile video, giving ad buyers the ability to bid across the mobile space.
"We believe it's important to deliver mobile video RTB right now so that our advertisers can keep pace with the massive shift to mobile devices and target only the most valuable users at exactly the price they're willing to pay," said Tod Sacerdoti, CEO and founder of BrightRoll. "Advertisers can now easily scale and extend their campaigns to the most relevant audience possible across all platforms."
Prior to the release mobile video relied on a fixed bid status.
- Tapjoy: Ad engagements preferred by mobiles
- European silver surfers' media consumption moving online
- Social sharing call-to-action in digital ads drives consumer interaction
- Google Play in-app sales rise 700% YoY
- comScore: Desktop spending up 13% YoY
- Report: More ad dollars to focus on branded content
- Ads on YouTube grow but TV ads considered more effective
- Online preferred shopping environment of affluent consumers
Featured White Papers
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...