News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: SMBs not mobilly optimized
In the mobile space viewability is key, but a new survey from vSplash finds many small businesses not only aren't optimizing their sites for mobile, they're also leaving important information off their homepages.
According to the vSplash SMB DigitalScape report most (98%) of small business websites aren't optimized for mobile viewing. With more consumers in the mobile space and new mobile devices launching this is a potentially big problem for businesses who need to engage and convert more shoppers.
"Some experts are predicting smartphones and tablets will account for around one-third of all website visits this coming holiday shopping season," said Umesh Tibrewal, CEO, vSplash. "According to our current data, nearly all SMBs will be challenged to capitalize on this mobile commerce opportunity due to their incompatible websites."
Some interesting takeaways from the report include:
• 44% of SMB homepages don't include phone numbers
• 78% don't include Facebook links
One new options in the mobile space should help mobile businesses - both small and large - better compete.
From BrightRoll a real time bidding solution for mobile video. Now available through the BrightRoll Exchange a real time bidding option for mobile video, giving ad buyers the ability to bid across the mobile space.
"We believe it's important to deliver mobile video RTB right now so that our advertisers can keep pace with the massive shift to mobile devices and target only the most valuable users at exactly the price they're willing to pay," said Tod Sacerdoti, CEO and founder of BrightRoll. "Advertisers can now easily scale and extend their campaigns to the most relevant audience possible across all platforms."
Prior to the release mobile video relied on a fixed bid status.
- Yahoo introduces one-stop business listing dashboard for SMBs
- Nielsen reveals habits of second-screeners
- Why your coupons need mobile
- Jivox, vSplash push interactivity with platforms
- Amazon facilitates social gifting on Facebook
- Younger B2B buyers' online purchase behavior ignored by suppliers
- Portrait of an affluent consumer
- U.S.: 41 billion online videos watched in May
Featured White Papers
- Transforming Brands into Media Outlets
Storytelling has been around forever, but businesses today need to capitalize on a variety of new tools to tell their...
- 8 Key Plays For Sales Success
Pull ahead of your competition by learning best practices for incorporating these new technologies into your daily sales & marketing...
- How to Drive More Traffic Without Increasing Budget
Counterfeiters are adept at mimicking top brands' digital marketing strategies by building pay per click (PPC) campaigns that exploit both...
- Explain What You Do: How a simple explainer video increased online conversion by 20%
In this case study we examine the explainer video for Inbenta, a natural language processing service operating in a highly...
- 7 Reasons To Consider Responsive Design For Your Companys Next Generation Website
In this white paper, learn the 7 reasons to consider responsive design for your company's next generation website. With the...
- Forrester Report: Digital Customer Experience Trends to Watch 2013
Digital touchpoints support an increasingly large percentage of the overall customer experience. 2012 saw the emergence of several important digital...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...