News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: 72% SMBs to increase mobile spending in next year
Look out mobile, here come small and medium businesses. The influx of new mobile devices - from iPhone 5 to new Android units and updates to the tablet space is pushing more businesses into the mobile space. Leading the charge may be small and medium sized businesses. According to a new survey from Borrell Associates 72% of small and medium sized businesses plan to increase mobile spending or continue on their current mobile path over the next year.
"Mobile advertising is growing, but hasn't kept pace with the rapid adoption of mobile devices," said Zephrin Lasker, CEO and co-founder, Pontiflex. "This survey shows that SMBs need real returns from mobile advertising, and CPC and CPM pricing models are just not working for them. SMBs want to use mobile ads to grow their businesses. To help them do so, the industry must innovate and try new things, and that's what we are doing with AdLeads."
• More than three-quarters of SMBs say mobile optimization and analysis is 'somewhat' to 'very important'
• 32% of those who plan to increase mobile ad spending will increase mobile ad dollars by up to 20%
• 65% say they'll increase mobile ad dollars by up to 30%
• 46% say they're interested in self-serve mobile ad solutions
What is pushing so many smaller businesses into a space that is still experiencing some growing pains? The number of consumers jostling into the space. Data from Nielsen shows about half of the US population is now mobile; meanwhile numbers from the IAB show only about 5% of the digital ad spend is allocated to mobile - meaning there is room for growth in the sector.
As for what SMBs are looking for in the mobile space about one-quarter say they'd prefer to pay for sign-ups - email, social media, etc. - rather than paying for clicks or impressions.
- Ecommerce Roundup: As digital increases, so does fraud
- Survey: Health Lifestyle grabs consumer interest
- Alibaba forms alliance with big brands to fight counterfeiting
- Expert: What marketers need to know about RegTech
- Mobile 'click injection' fraud forecast to become prevalent in 2017
- Less than half of consumers satisfied with retail app experience
- Study: Order struggles a problem for B2B
- Ad Roundup: Solution expansions, investments
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...