News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: 65% of Americans reading news online
A new survey out from Pan Communications shows just how important the online space is for businesses. According to the report 65% consume online through news sites, another 21% through Twitter, and interestingly social sites are beginning to account for more content consumption.
"I was surprised to see that 21% of our respondents consume their news via Twitter. I'm curious to see just how much this number increases the next time we issue a similar survey. If the number jumps, then it will be very telling of where we'll be getting our information from in the future," said Mark Nardone is the Executive Vice President of PAN Communications.
According to the report just over 8% read blogs for news and information, nearly 2% turn to social aggregators like Reddit and Tumblr.
"I was fascinated, to see how quickly things are changing. With the evolution of digital, we've become so fast-paced over the last few years," said Nardone. "But there are still areas for improvement, such as measurement. There's such an enormous thirst for measurement, and it's a hot button topic in social media. Many of us associate Google Analytics with measurement; however, companies are waking up to the fact that measuring engagement is extremely important in order to gauge brand effectiveness and visibility. Radian6 is only six years old, and in that timeframe, has spread like wildfire and become a 'digitalhold' name. It will be interesting to see other measurement companies get into the game as more efficient ways to measure social media are discovered. You can expect a lot of change to come in this area.
How can businesses do social better? We'll have more from PAN Communications Monday, including tips on how to personalize social marketing.
- Survey: UK consumers re-think loyalty to brands
- PPA: Digital magazines boost demand for print editions
- Tapjoy: Ad engagements preferred by mobiles
- European silver surfers' media consumption moving online
- Social sharing call-to-action in digital ads drives consumer interaction
- Google Play in-app sales rise 700% YoY
- comScore: Desktop spending up 13% YoY
- Report: More ad dollars to focus on branded content
Featured White Papers
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...