News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: 65% of Americans reading news online
A new survey out from Pan Communications shows just how important the online space is for businesses. According to the report 65% consume online through news sites, another 21% through Twitter, and interestingly social sites are beginning to account for more content consumption.
"I was surprised to see that 21% of our respondents consume their news via Twitter. I'm curious to see just how much this number increases the next time we issue a similar survey. If the number jumps, then it will be very telling of where we'll be getting our information from in the future," said Mark Nardone is the Executive Vice President of PAN Communications.
According to the report just over 8% read blogs for news and information, nearly 2% turn to social aggregators like Reddit and Tumblr.
"I was fascinated, to see how quickly things are changing. With the evolution of digital, we've become so fast-paced over the last few years," said Nardone. "But there are still areas for improvement, such as measurement. There's such an enormous thirst for measurement, and it's a hot button topic in social media. Many of us associate Google Analytics with measurement; however, companies are waking up to the fact that measuring engagement is extremely important in order to gauge brand effectiveness and visibility. Radian6 is only six years old, and in that timeframe, has spread like wildfire and become a 'digitalhold' name. It will be interesting to see other measurement companies get into the game as more efficient ways to measure social media are discovered. You can expect a lot of change to come in this area.
How can businesses do social better? We'll have more from PAN Communications Monday, including tips on how to personalize social marketing.
- Survey finds email pressure for retailers
- Report: Email, mobile key to retail success
- Expert: Data key for financial campaigns
- "Fat" ads slowing down publishers' websites
- IoT making impact on business but barriers remain
- CPG brands spending more on digital ads than traditional
- Mobile video content more effective on publishers' website than social
- Email open rate in UK higher on tablets than US
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...