News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: 65% of Americans reading news online
A new survey out from Pan Communications shows just how important the online space is for businesses. According to the report 65% consume online through news sites, another 21% through Twitter, and interestingly social sites are beginning to account for more content consumption.
"I was surprised to see that 21% of our respondents consume their news via Twitter. I'm curious to see just how much this number increases the next time we issue a similar survey. If the number jumps, then it will be very telling of where we'll be getting our information from in the future," said Mark Nardone is the Executive Vice President of PAN Communications.
According to the report just over 8% read blogs for news and information, nearly 2% turn to social aggregators like Reddit and Tumblr.
"I was fascinated, to see how quickly things are changing. With the evolution of digital, we've become so fast-paced over the last few years," said Nardone. "But there are still areas for improvement, such as measurement. There's such an enormous thirst for measurement, and it's a hot button topic in social media. Many of us associate Google Analytics with measurement; however, companies are waking up to the fact that measuring engagement is extremely important in order to gauge brand effectiveness and visibility. Radian6 is only six years old, and in that timeframe, has spread like wildfire and become a 'digitalhold' name. It will be interesting to see other measurement companies get into the game as more efficient ways to measure social media are discovered. You can expect a lot of change to come in this area.
How can businesses do social better? We'll have more from PAN Communications Monday, including tips on how to personalize social marketing.
- FTC's new 'merchandise rule' to come into effect before Christmas
- Brands: Why content needs better optimization
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and acquisitions to improve platforms
- Consumers prefer SMS to apps for brand communications
- Physical stores still popular with young fashion shoppers
- Britain has more female gamers than male
- Permission-based email marketers still finding inbox placement hard work
- Study: Mobile driving travel plans
Featured White Papers
- 6 Ways to Boost Holiday Sales & Fuel Year-round Growth
Just as the shopping seasons guide demand in many categories, they shape the conversation around these categories as well. How...
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...