News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: 65% of Americans reading news online
A new survey out from Pan Communications shows just how important the online space is for businesses. According to the report 65% consume online through news sites, another 21% through Twitter, and interestingly social sites are beginning to account for more content consumption.
"I was surprised to see that 21% of our respondents consume their news via Twitter. I'm curious to see just how much this number increases the next time we issue a similar survey. If the number jumps, then it will be very telling of where we'll be getting our information from in the future," said Mark Nardone is the Executive Vice President of PAN Communications.
According to the report just over 8% read blogs for news and information, nearly 2% turn to social aggregators like Reddit and Tumblr.
"I was fascinated, to see how quickly things are changing. With the evolution of digital, we've become so fast-paced over the last few years," said Nardone. "But there are still areas for improvement, such as measurement. There's such an enormous thirst for measurement, and it's a hot button topic in social media. Many of us associate Google Analytics with measurement; however, companies are waking up to the fact that measuring engagement is extremely important in order to gauge brand effectiveness and visibility. Radian6 is only six years old, and in that timeframe, has spread like wildfire and become a 'digitalhold' name. It will be interesting to see other measurement companies get into the game as more efficient ways to measure social media are discovered. You can expect a lot of change to come in this area.
How can businesses do social better? We'll have more from PAN Communications Monday, including tips on how to personalize social marketing.
- Consumers trust doctors and government with personal data more than they do advertisers
- Shoppers don't care for social integration of mobile apps
- 44% of Twitter's 982 million accounts never used
- Report: Travel sites missing the data mark
- Brands: How mobile wallets can improve loyalty programs
- Survey: SMB's need more tax education
- 90% of marketers not trained in marketing performance, ROI
- Mobile plays significant role in the shopping habits of Boomers and Seniors
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...