News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Travelers leaning on mobile for content
When it comes to traveling smarter, consumers are...well, traveling smarter. Or at least with smart-devices to lead the way. According to new research from comScore about 40% of smartphone users logged on to travel-related content from their phone in July 2012.
Forget AAA and local travel agents. When savvy vacation shoppers are looking for hot destinations, good deals and destination information they're not always going local. They're going online - and many are going farther than the desktop. They're going mobile.
The hottest properties for smartphone owners , according to comScore included the TripAdvisor Media Group, Expedia and Southwest Airlines. Women, interestingly enough, were consuming the most content for the month while men were more likely to be found on airline-specific sites like Southwest or Delta.
As for how these people were grabbing content, it was a fairly even split with 53% of the time spent with apps and 47% via browser. Nielsen disagrees a bit - their study found Android and iOS users were more likely to access mobile apps for travel information, to the tune of 95% of traffic coming from apps.
For travel brands, these reports seem to indicate a growing movement into the mobile space for travel customers. If people planning for a vacation or even a business trip are going to mobile for information and deals, it makes sense for the brands to be mobilly available with said content. Destination hotspots, where to stay deals or side trip type content could be added to the going rates to engage consumers past the typical hotel/flight information.
Local businesses could get in on the mobile content act, as well, offering deals to travelers planning stays within their cities.
- Younger B2B buyers' online purchase behavior ignored by suppliers
- Portrait of an affluent consumer
- U.S.: 41 billion online videos watched in May
- Accenture: Execs have tech, need talent to make sense of data
- Study: More people working on home To-Dos from work
- Study: Mobile users will wait
- SendGrid launches email service
- IAB UK: Fashion retailers perform best in mobile marketing
Featured White Papers
- Transforming Brands into Media Outlets
Storytelling has been around forever, but businesses today need to capitalize on a variety of new tools to tell their...
- 8 Key Plays For Sales Success
Pull ahead of your competition by learning best practices for incorporating these new technologies into your daily sales & marketing...
- How to Drive More Traffic Without Increasing Budget
Counterfeiters are adept at mimicking top brands' digital marketing strategies by building pay per click (PPC) campaigns that exploit both...
- Explain What You Do: How a simple explainer video increased online conversion by 20%
In this case study we examine the explainer video for Inbenta, a natural language processing service operating in a highly...
- 7 Reasons To Consider Responsive Design For Your Companys Next Generation Website
In this white paper, learn the 7 reasons to consider responsive design for your company's next generation website. With the...
- Forrester Report: Digital Customer Experience Trends to Watch 2013
Digital touchpoints support an increasingly large percentage of the overall customer experience. 2012 saw the emergence of several important digital...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...