News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Majority of sports fans 'check in' once per day
When it comes to engaging with online content, it seems sports fans are 'on' quite often. According to new data from Burst Media 2 of every 3 sports fans is online at least once each day to check scores, watch sports content, read stories or do other sports-focused tasks.
Burst Media researchers surveyed nearly 1,000 sports fans to come to their conclusions. According to the results:
• 52% of sports fans access online sports content via tablet/smartphone while watching sports on television
• 46% use smartphones to access sports content
• 32% utilize tablets for sports content
• 35% say sports websites are the best place to get information - that is more than cite TV as the best destination
"Casual fans are more likely than devoted fans to say television is their primary source (55.0%) and/or their best source (45.0%) for sports news and information. Content sites hold their own with this group, as 20.1% say content websites are their primary source and 29.2% say they're their best source for sports," was written in the report. "Interestingly, male sports fans (devoted or casual) aged 35-54 are more likely to say content sites rather than television are their primary sports information source (43.2% vs. 39.6%). More striking with this segment is which medium is cited as the best source of sports news and information: the Internet clearly leads the pack, cited by 50.6% versus 31.1% for television."
The break-down in demographics is nearly even - 48% are male, 52% female - while about 44% report having college degrees and about one-third (36%) report earning over $75,000/year.
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
- The best practices for mobile brands in 2014
- Forecast: Big data to push SMBs into 2014
- Report: TV ads pushing engagement, intent
- Report: Online wide open for CPG brands
- Webrooming, Showrooming pushing shopper engagement
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...