News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Majority of sports fans 'check in' once per day
When it comes to engaging with online content, it seems sports fans are 'on' quite often. According to new data from Burst Media 2 of every 3 sports fans is online at least once each day to check scores, watch sports content, read stories or do other sports-focused tasks.
Burst Media researchers surveyed nearly 1,000 sports fans to come to their conclusions. According to the results:
• 52% of sports fans access online sports content via tablet/smartphone while watching sports on television
• 46% use smartphones to access sports content
• 32% utilize tablets for sports content
• 35% say sports websites are the best place to get information - that is more than cite TV as the best destination
"Casual fans are more likely than devoted fans to say television is their primary source (55.0%) and/or their best source (45.0%) for sports news and information. Content sites hold their own with this group, as 20.1% say content websites are their primary source and 29.2% say they're their best source for sports," was written in the report. "Interestingly, male sports fans (devoted or casual) aged 35-54 are more likely to say content sites rather than television are their primary sports information source (43.2% vs. 39.6%). More striking with this segment is which medium is cited as the best source of sports news and information: the Internet clearly leads the pack, cited by 50.6% versus 31.1% for television."
The break-down in demographics is nearly even - 48% are male, 52% female - while about 44% report having college degrees and about one-third (36%) report earning over $75,000/year.
- Elance: Remote hiring sees 60% jump
- Engajer integrates to LinkedIn
- JiWire: Mobile engaging travel consumers
- Drama, inane ramblings and parents turn teens off Facebook
- Survey: UK consumers re-think loyalty to brands
- PPA: Digital magazines boost demand for print editions
- Tapjoy: Ad engagements preferred by mobiles
- European silver surfers' media consumption moving online
Featured White Papers
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...