News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: IT pros plan to move farther into cloud
When it comes to the online business space, look for more companies to head for the clouds. New data out from Qumu finds a growing number of IT pros have plans to push their companies into the cloud in the coming years to save costs, have better mobility support and save time on infrastructure issues.
"The results showing that large enterprises are more inclined to Cloud applications is somewhat surprising. Some may expect large companies to be concerned with Cloud security," said Ray Hood, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Qumu. "We believe that larger companies have more history with IT outsourcing and see the Cloud as the logical next step."
According to the study:
• Big Business (51%) is more likely to move to the cloud than SMBs (42%)
• Big Business says they will benefit from a bigger migration (59% vs. 52%)
• Most considering a cloud move are basing the decision on employee usefulness
More than 20% of those surveyed reported the cloud would allow employees better access to training videos, would give employees a greater voice and would allow employees to 'meet' with experts more easily. Other benefits to cloud business included:
• Quick Deployment (18.5%)
• Better for the Environment (12.6%)
• Better mobility support (25.9%)
• Cost savings (26.9%)
The move shouldn't be a huge issue for many of those responding, upwards of 45% of IT employees report some programs are already running from the cloud. The top cloud applications currently are email, storage and document management. In the future, IT pros say they'll add video communiques, employee platforms and marketing automation to the cloud-based list.
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
- The best practices for mobile brands in 2014
- Forecast: Big data to push SMBs into 2014
- Report: TV ads pushing engagement, intent
- Report: Online wide open for CPG brands
- Webrooming, Showrooming pushing shopper engagement
Featured White Papers
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...