News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: IT pros plan to move farther into cloud
When it comes to the online business space, look for more companies to head for the clouds. New data out from Qumu finds a growing number of IT pros have plans to push their companies into the cloud in the coming years to save costs, have better mobility support and save time on infrastructure issues.
"The results showing that large enterprises are more inclined to Cloud applications is somewhat surprising. Some may expect large companies to be concerned with Cloud security," said Ray Hood, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Qumu. "We believe that larger companies have more history with IT outsourcing and see the Cloud as the logical next step."
According to the study:
• Big Business (51%) is more likely to move to the cloud than SMBs (42%)
• Big Business says they will benefit from a bigger migration (59% vs. 52%)
• Most considering a cloud move are basing the decision on employee usefulness
More than 20% of those surveyed reported the cloud would allow employees better access to training videos, would give employees a greater voice and would allow employees to 'meet' with experts more easily. Other benefits to cloud business included:
• Quick Deployment (18.5%)
• Better for the Environment (12.6%)
• Better mobility support (25.9%)
• Cost savings (26.9%)
The move shouldn't be a huge issue for many of those responding, upwards of 45% of IT employees report some programs are already running from the cloud. The top cloud applications currently are email, storage and document management. In the future, IT pros say they'll add video communiques, employee platforms and marketing automation to the cloud-based list.
- Consumers, like many marketers, don't know what native advertising is
- Travel: Paid search spend continues downward trend
- Why developers need to test apps
- Unruly: SocNetters buzz about getting buzzed
- Survey: Friends, not search, pushing mobile video
- Release leaves power of the brand with the brand
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
Featured White Papers
- The Promise of Marketing Operations Management
How can marketers keep pace with the ever-expanding volume of campaigns, customized offers, contact channels and product claims? More than...
- 54 Examples of Brilliant Homepage Design
For any given company, the homepage is its virtual front door - and face to the world. If a new...
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...