News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Facebook login could help retailers engage
While many retail websites are now offering logins so that shoppers don't have to re-enter addresses and credit card numbers with every purchase, some are missing a more simple way to get shoppers to create these accounts: the power of Facebook. In many cases, site registrations require an email, name, password, but some research has shown shoppers don't want yet another registration.
This, finds new data from Sociable Labs, is where the Facebook Login potential comes in. As one of the world's largest social networks, a majority of consumers have Facebook accounts, and since research has shown that social logins can help with registration fatigue, Sociable Labs posits that Facebook Logins could help retailers engage and keep more customers.
According to the research most of the top 500 Internet Retailers are offering some type of social login, but many are doing it incorrectly - and potentially turning off customers. According to the data:
• 77% use Facebook only, 23% use Facebook and other social networks
• 30% require a site password in addition to a Facebook login - a no-no according to Sociable Labs
• 50% have only implemented the social login partially - meaning it isn't offered at the check-out
• None use 'Persistent Login' - which would log users in when they arrive on-site
"Sociable Labs believes that the major factors hindering adoption include technical barriers to implementation, perceived security concerns, and level of effort required for implementation," writes the company. "Facebook is by far the dominant Social Login option chosen by these online retailers. All IR 500 sites that have implemented a Social Login solution include Log in with Facebook. Furthermore, 77% of these sites only offer Log in with Facebook. Sociable Labs believes that online retailers will continue to prioritize Log in with Facebook over other forms of Social Login (Twitter, Yahoo, Google, etc.) as Facebook continues to advance its offerings around Facebook Platform."
- Value of price comparison providers revealed
- Commuters highly engaged and active mobile audience for brands, retailers
- We2 to connect NYC's retailers and consumers via 'social WiFi'
- Consumers rate email as most relevant and accurate of all channels
- Research: Silver surfers feel undervalued by retailers
- Global PC sales fall for sixth consecutive quarter
- Releases evaluate content, make file sharing simpler
- Responsys: Mobile pushing conversions
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...