News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Facebook login could help retailers engage
While many retail websites are now offering logins so that shoppers don't have to re-enter addresses and credit card numbers with every purchase, some are missing a more simple way to get shoppers to create these accounts: the power of Facebook. In many cases, site registrations require an email, name, password, but some research has shown shoppers don't want yet another registration.
This, finds new data from Sociable Labs, is where the Facebook Login potential comes in. As one of the world's largest social networks, a majority of consumers have Facebook accounts, and since research has shown that social logins can help with registration fatigue, Sociable Labs posits that Facebook Logins could help retailers engage and keep more customers.
According to the research most of the top 500 Internet Retailers are offering some type of social login, but many are doing it incorrectly - and potentially turning off customers. According to the data:
• 77% use Facebook only, 23% use Facebook and other social networks
• 30% require a site password in addition to a Facebook login - a no-no according to Sociable Labs
• 50% have only implemented the social login partially - meaning it isn't offered at the check-out
• None use 'Persistent Login' - which would log users in when they arrive on-site
"Sociable Labs believes that the major factors hindering adoption include technical barriers to implementation, perceived security concerns, and level of effort required for implementation," writes the company. "Facebook is by far the dominant Social Login option chosen by these online retailers. All IR 500 sites that have implemented a Social Login solution include Log in with Facebook. Furthermore, 77% of these sites only offer Log in with Facebook. Sociable Labs believes that online retailers will continue to prioritize Log in with Facebook over other forms of Social Login (Twitter, Yahoo, Google, etc.) as Facebook continues to advance its offerings around Facebook Platform."
- App Store hits 50 billion milestone, Google Play not far behind
- IBM: Mother's Day shopping goes mobile
- Service industry occupations not safe from technology
- How webrooming is taking over ecommerce
- Report: Strong digital presence key to success
- Report: SMBs falling behind in tech
- Mobile the boost loyalty programs need
- British Land: UK retail stores must adapt or die
Featured White Papers
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...